Ventura County News
Oxnard head-on collision kills 1, injures another
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- One person was killed and another person was injured in a head-on collision in Oxnard Sunday.
The crash occurred on the 3900 block of Saviers Road around 1 a.m.
Police said a red 1991 Honda Civic was traveling northbound on the southbound lanes of Saviers Road from Bard Road. That's when the vehicle hit a blue 2006 BMW 325i, driven by Antonio Martinez Maya, 29, of Oxnard.
The two vehicles collided head on and the driver of the Honda died at the scene. He was the lone occupant in the Honda. His identity has been withheld pending notification of kin.
It remains unclear why the victim was traveling on the wrong side of the road way or if alcohol may have been a factor.
Maya was transported to a local hospital with minor injuries and is expected to be OK.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information regarding this traffic collision was urged to contact Senior Officer Jamie Brown at (805) 385-7749.
car crash, ventura county news
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants