Ventura County News
Oxnard head-on collision kills 1, injures another
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- One person was killed and another person was injured in a head-on collision in Oxnard Sunday.
The crash occurred on the 3900 block of Saviers Road around 1 a.m.
Police said a red 1991 Honda Civic was traveling northbound on the southbound lanes of Saviers Road from Bard Road. That's when the vehicle hit a blue 2006 BMW 325i, driven by Antonio Martinez Maya, 29, of Oxnard.
The two vehicles collided head on and the driver of the Honda died at the scene. He was the lone occupant in the Honda. His identity has been withheld pending notification of kin.
It remains unclear why the victim was traveling on the wrong side of the road way or if alcohol may have been a factor.
Maya was transported to a local hospital with minor injuries and is expected to be OK.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information regarding this traffic collision was urged to contact Senior Officer Jamie Brown at (805) 385-7749.
car crash, ventura county news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 49 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries 8 min ago
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- Jenny McCarthy engaged to Donnie Wahlberg
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
40 min ago