Ventura County News
Oxnard head-on collision kills 1, injures another
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- One person was killed and another person was injured in a head-on collision in Oxnard Sunday.
The crash occurred on the 3900 block of Saviers Road around 1 a.m.
Police said a red 1991 Honda Civic was traveling northbound on the southbound lanes of Saviers Road from Bard Road. That's when the vehicle hit a blue 2006 BMW 325i, driven by Antonio Martinez Maya, 29, of Oxnard.
The two vehicles collided head on and the driver of the Honda died at the scene. He was the lone occupant in the Honda. His identity has been withheld pending notification of kin.
It remains unclear why the victim was traveling on the wrong side of the road way or if alcohol may have been a factor.
Maya was transported to a local hospital with minor injuries and is expected to be OK.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information regarding this traffic collision was urged to contact Senior Officer Jamie Brown at (805) 385-7749.
car crash, ventura county news
- OC school bus crash: Several injuries reported 2 min ago
- Big-rig crash shuts down 210 Fwy, Gold Line 11 min ago
- Protesters commemorate Armenian Genocide
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- Obama: Asia-Pacific trade deal not in danger
- Olivia Wilde, Jason Sudeikis welcome baby boy
- OTRC: Beyonce on '100 Most Influential People' cover