Ventura County News
Santa Paula shooting suspect surrenders to police
SANTA PAULA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Santa Paula man surrendered to police after admitting to shooting and wounding another man.
Shortly after 8 p.m. Saturday, officers with the Santa Paula Police Department received a call about a gunshot victim in the 100 block of Sonoma Lane. When investigators arrived on scene, they contacted Samuel Medina, who told officers that he had "shot someone." The 40-year-old was taken into custody.
Officers then found the victim, 21-year-old Antonio Purcallo, inside a home with a single gunshot wound to the abdomen. He was treated on scene and transported to Ventura County Medical Center.
Media was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon and taken to Ventura County Jail.
If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to contact Santa Paula police.
shooting, arrest, ventura county news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 57 min ago
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies 25 min ago
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video