Ventura County News
Santa Paula shooting suspect surrenders to police
SANTA PAULA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Santa Paula man surrendered to police after admitting to shooting and wounding another man.
Shortly after 8 p.m. Saturday, officers with the Santa Paula Police Department received a call about a gunshot victim in the 100 block of Sonoma Lane. When investigators arrived on scene, they contacted Samuel Medina, who told officers that he had "shot someone." The 40-year-old was taken into custody.
Officers then found the victim, 21-year-old Antonio Purcallo, inside a home with a single gunshot wound to the abdomen. He was treated on scene and transported to Ventura County Medical Center.
Media was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon and taken to Ventura County Jail.
If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to contact Santa Paula police.
shooting, arrest, ventura county news
- Nurse stabbed at Sylmar hospital; 1 arrested
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies 25 min ago
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role