Ventura County News
Man killed near Ventura Fairgrounds on opening day of fair
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was shot and killed near the Ventura County Fairgrounds Wednesday on the opening day of the county fair.
Authorities say the shooting happened at 10:22 p.m. just before the fair closed. The victim, who was shot several times, was found on the bike path on the west side of the fairgrounds. He was declared dead at the scene.
Police say it appears the victim and two suspects knew each other and that it was gang related. They got into a physical altercation, and then shots were fired.
The victim's name was not released pending notification of next of kin.
The suspects were last seen running north along the Ventura River toward West Main Street. Anyone with information is urged to call Detective Casey Sutherland at (805) 339-4467.
shooting, homicide investigation, ventura county news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 36 min ago
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School 41 min ago
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video