Ventura County News
Thousand Oaks motorcycle chase ends in fatal crash
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- A motorcycle chase in Thousand Oaks came to a deadly end on Saturday night.
The incident started when the California Highway Patrol tried to stop the motorcyclist for speeding on the southbound 101 Freeway near Wendy Drive.
The motorcyclist got off the freeway, but refused to stop and led officers on a short pursuit. The rider was killed after losing control of his bike and crashing on Rancho Dos Vientos.
Authorities say he had been going about 100 mph. His identity has not been released.
pursuit, ventura county news
- $50K reward announced in murder of 7-year-old
- UC Riverside employee diagnosed w/ meningitis 27 min ago
- Blustering winds, low temps hitting Southland
- Mandela honored by world, South Africans
- Man burns to death, may have been stealing gas
- South El Monte hospital fire triggers evacs
- 50-acre brush fire erupts near Moorpark
- Texas woman admits sending ricin to Obama
- Missing Nevada couple, 4 children found safe
- Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- abcnews: Pit bull thwarts mail delivery for year 31 min ago
- Earth sets new record for coldest temp ever
- Ariana Grande joins 'New Year's Rockin' Eve' 46 min ago
- OTRC: Kate Winslet, Ned RocknRoll welcome baby 40 min ago