Ventura County News
Thousand Oaks motorcycle chase ends in fatal crash
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- A motorcycle chase in Thousand Oaks came to a deadly end on Saturday night.
The incident started when the California Highway Patrol tried to stop the motorcyclist for speeding on the southbound 101 Freeway near Wendy Drive.
The motorcyclist got off the freeway, but refused to stop and led officers on a short pursuit. The rider was killed after losing control of his bike and crashing on Rancho Dos Vientos.
Authorities say he had been going about 100 mph. His identity has not been released.
pursuit, ventura county news
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Claremont sexual predator charged with felonies
- Suspicious bag found on the tarmac at LAX
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors