Ventura County News
Oxnard stabbing sends man to hospital; police look for suspect
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are looking for a suspect who stabbed a 27-year-old man in Oxnard Friday night.
Oxnard police said the victim was walking in an alley on the 900 block of Cooper Road around 7:30 p.m. when a man grabbed him from behind. The victim told officers that a struggle ensued and the suspect stabbed him.
The victim, an Oxnard resident, sustained multiple stab wounds to his neck and back, but his injuries were not believed to be life-threatening, police said. He was taken to St. John's Regional Medical Center for treatment.
The male suspect was described as being in his early 20s, wearing a white shirt and black pants. Investigators said it's not known if the suspect intended to rob the victim.
Anyone with information on this case was asked to contact Ventura County Crime Stoppers at (805) 222-8477.
stabbing, ventura county news
- US teacher killed in Benghazi: officials
- Fast food workers protest, want $15 an hour 7 min ago
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy 39 min ago
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Cold snap moving across Southern California 30 min ago
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film
- Oxnard nursery relieved plants didn't freeze
5 min ago