Ventura County News
Oxnard stabbing sends man to hospital; police look for suspect
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are looking for a suspect who stabbed a 27-year-old man in Oxnard Friday night.
Oxnard police said the victim was walking in an alley on the 900 block of Cooper Road around 7:30 p.m. when a man grabbed him from behind. The victim told officers that a struggle ensued and the suspect stabbed him.
The victim, an Oxnard resident, sustained multiple stab wounds to his neck and back, but his injuries were not believed to be life-threatening, police said. He was taken to St. John's Regional Medical Center for treatment.
The male suspect was described as being in his early 20s, wearing a white shirt and black pants. Investigators said it's not known if the suspect intended to rob the victim.
Anyone with information on this case was asked to contact Ventura County Crime Stoppers at (805) 222-8477.
stabbing, ventura county news
- School bus crash: Driver, 2 kids hospitalized 47 min ago
- Big-rig crash shuts down 210 Fwy, Gold Line 17 min ago
- Compton aerial surveillance provokes backlash
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- Obama: Asia-Pacific trade deal not in danger
- Justin Bieber detained at LAX upon arrival
- OTRC: Beyonce on '100 Most Influential People' cover