Ventura County News
Oxnard stabbing sends man to hospital; police look for suspect
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are looking for a suspect who stabbed a 27-year-old man in Oxnard Friday night.
Oxnard police said the victim was walking in an alley on the 900 block of Cooper Road around 7:30 p.m. when a man grabbed him from behind. The victim told officers that a struggle ensued and the suspect stabbed him.
The victim, an Oxnard resident, sustained multiple stab wounds to his neck and back, but his injuries were not believed to be life-threatening, police said. He was taken to St. John's Regional Medical Center for treatment.
The male suspect was described as being in his early 20s, wearing a white shirt and black pants. Investigators said it's not known if the suspect intended to rob the victim.
Anyone with information on this case was asked to contact Ventura County Crime Stoppers at (805) 222-8477.
stabbing, ventura county news
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter