Ventura County News
Oxnard stabbing sends man to hospital; police look for suspect
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are looking for a suspect who stabbed a 27-year-old man in Oxnard Friday night.
Oxnard police said the victim was walking in an alley on the 900 block of Cooper Road around 7:30 p.m. when a man grabbed him from behind. The victim told officers that a struggle ensued and the suspect stabbed him.
The victim, an Oxnard resident, sustained multiple stab wounds to his neck and back, but his injuries were not believed to be life-threatening, police said. He was taken to St. John's Regional Medical Center for treatment.
The male suspect was described as being in his early 20s, wearing a white shirt and black pants. Investigators said it's not known if the suspect intended to rob the victim.
Anyone with information on this case was asked to contact Ventura County Crime Stoppers at (805) 222-8477.
stabbing, ventura county news
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD 1 min ago
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Cute bear cub left alone at animal rescue
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- California farmers to get more water
26 min ago