Ventura County News
Ventura assault kidnapping, assault: Suspect photo released
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are asking for the public's help in finding a 22-year-old man who allegedly kidnapped and sexually assaulted a woman Sunday.
Officers responded to the Ventura County Medical Center regarding a sexual assault around 11 a.m.
During the investigation, officers learned David Romero forced his way inside the victim's home located on Faulkner Drive around 5:30 a.m.
Once inside, Romero then battered the victim, forced the victim into her own vehicle and drove her to a second location where he sexually assaulted her.
Police say Romero then drove the victim to the hospital before fleeing.
The victim was treated at the hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
Romero and the victim knew each other.
The suspect has a felony warrant for violation of probation on criminal threats and stalking charges.
Anyone with information on Romero's whereabouts was urged to contact the Ventura Police Department at (805) 650 2013.
sex crimes, sexual assault, kidnap, ventura county news
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks 4 min ago
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour