Ventura County News
Ventura assault kidnapping, assault: Suspect photo released
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are asking for the public's help in finding a 22-year-old man who allegedly kidnapped and sexually assaulted a woman Sunday.
Officers responded to the Ventura County Medical Center regarding a sexual assault around 11 a.m.
During the investigation, officers learned David Romero forced his way inside the victim's home located on Faulkner Drive around 5:30 a.m.
Once inside, Romero then battered the victim, forced the victim into her own vehicle and drove her to a second location where he sexually assaulted her.
Police say Romero then drove the victim to the hospital before fleeing.
The victim was treated at the hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
Romero and the victim knew each other.
The suspect has a felony warrant for violation of probation on criminal threats and stalking charges.
Anyone with information on Romero's whereabouts was urged to contact the Ventura Police Department at (805) 650 2013.
sex crimes, sexual assault, kidnap, ventura county news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- 4 local brothers are all members of LAPD
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate