Ventura County News
Ventura assault kidnapping, assault: Suspect photo released
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are asking for the public's help in finding a 22-year-old man who allegedly kidnapped and sexually assaulted a woman Sunday.
Officers responded to the Ventura County Medical Center regarding a sexual assault around 11 a.m.
During the investigation, officers learned David Romero forced his way inside the victim's home located on Faulkner Drive around 5:30 a.m.
Once inside, Romero then battered the victim, forced the victim into her own vehicle and drove her to a second location where he sexually assaulted her.
Police say Romero then drove the victim to the hospital before fleeing.
The victim was treated at the hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
Romero and the victim knew each other.
The suspect has a felony warrant for violation of probation on criminal threats and stalking charges.
Anyone with information on Romero's whereabouts was urged to contact the Ventura Police Department at (805) 650 2013.
sex crimes, sexual assault, kidnap, ventura county news
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 1 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot 7 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)