Ventura County News
Ventura assault kidnapping, assault: Suspect photo released
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are asking for the public's help in finding a 22-year-old man who allegedly kidnapped and sexually assaulted a woman Sunday.
Officers responded to the Ventura County Medical Center regarding a sexual assault around 11 a.m.
During the investigation, officers learned David Romero forced his way inside the victim's home located on Faulkner Drive around 5:30 a.m.
Once inside, Romero then battered the victim, forced the victim into her own vehicle and drove her to a second location where he sexually assaulted her.
Police say Romero then drove the victim to the hospital before fleeing.
The victim was treated at the hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
Romero and the victim knew each other.
The suspect has a felony warrant for violation of probation on criminal threats and stalking charges.
Anyone with information on Romero's whereabouts was urged to contact the Ventura Police Department at (805) 650 2013.
sex crimes, sexual assault, kidnap, ventura county news
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Funeral held for LAPD Officer Chris Cortijo
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- 'Mother Ditch' uncovered near downtown LA
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Epilepsy treatment uses laser to stop seizures
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2