Ventura County News
Ventura prowler caught in act by police
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- An 18-year-old man was arrested for prowling and vandalism after he was caught attempting to break into a home in Ventura Saturday.
Police responded to a call of a prowler attempting to gain entry through the front door of a residence in the 100 block of South Pacific Avenue around 6:30 a.m.
The suspect, later identified as Simon De Los Santos, 18, of Ventura, broke a windowpane in the door in an attempt to gain entry into the residence.
The victim fled out the back door of her home during the incident.
Responding officers found the suspect on the front porch.
De Los Santos was arrested and booked for prowling and vandalism at the Ventura County Jail.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information was urged to contact the Ventura Police Department at (805) 339-4441.
burglary, arrest, vandalism, ventura county news
- EB 210 Fwy lanes closed, Gold Line shut down 15 min ago
- Protesters commemorate Armenian Genocide
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- Obama: Asia-Pacific trade deal not in danger
- Olivia Wilde, Jason Sudeikis welcome baby boy 15 min ago
- OTRC: Beyonce on '100 Most Influential People' cover