Ventura County News
Ventura prowler caught in act by police
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- An 18-year-old man was arrested for prowling and vandalism after he was caught attempting to break into a home in Ventura Saturday.
Police responded to a call of a prowler attempting to gain entry through the front door of a residence in the 100 block of South Pacific Avenue around 6:30 a.m.
The suspect, later identified as Simon De Los Santos, 18, of Ventura, broke a windowpane in the door in an attempt to gain entry into the residence.
The victim fled out the back door of her home during the incident.
Responding officers found the suspect on the front porch.
De Los Santos was arrested and booked for prowling and vandalism at the Ventura County Jail.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information was urged to contact the Ventura Police Department at (805) 339-4441.
burglary, arrest, vandalism, ventura county news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 48 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants