Ventura County News
Police seek parolee who fled twice from police
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- Oxnard Police are searching for a parole violator suspected of child endangerment and evading police.
Juan Miguel Bejar, 29, is wanted for outstanding felony and misdemeanor warrants for violations of parole and probation. Police twice tried to stop him in traffic in the city of Oxnard, but he fled in a dangerous manner both times, prompting police to call off pursuits.
On June 12, police tried to pull over a 1996 black Cadillac with California license plates 6TIE257 on Tulare Place. Bejar was identified as the driver. He did not yield to police and led a pursuit, running traffic lights, stop signs and driving in opposing traffic lanes. Police cancelled the pursuit due to Bejar's dangerous driving.
On Thursday, Bejar was located driving a black Cadillac near South K Street. He immediately began to flee, according to police, and proceeded to drive erratically, weaving in traffic and running stop signs. Police officers saw small children in the vehicle and did not initiate a pursuit.
Bejar is described as a 29-year-old Hispanic man standing 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighing 200 pounds. Police say he has resisted arrest in the past.
Bejar is known to have contacts in the city of Moorpark.
Anyone with information on Bejar's whereabouts should contact Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS, visit http://venturacountycrimestoppers.org or call Detective Cody Collet (805) 486-6228.
ventura county news
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption 24 min ago
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case 46 min ago
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- 3 'pimps' busted for Compton prostitution ring 7 min ago
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced 51 min ago
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break