Ventura County News
Police seek parolee who fled twice from police
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- Oxnard Police are searching for a parole violator suspected of child endangerment and evading police.
Juan Miguel Bejar, 29, is wanted for outstanding felony and misdemeanor warrants for violations of parole and probation. Police twice tried to stop him in traffic in the city of Oxnard, but he fled in a dangerous manner both times, prompting police to call off pursuits.
On June 12, police tried to pull over a 1996 black Cadillac with California license plates 6TIE257 on Tulare Place. Bejar was identified as the driver. He did not yield to police and led a pursuit, running traffic lights, stop signs and driving in opposing traffic lanes. Police cancelled the pursuit due to Bejar's dangerous driving.
On Thursday, Bejar was located driving a black Cadillac near South K Street. He immediately began to flee, according to police, and proceeded to drive erratically, weaving in traffic and running stop signs. Police officers saw small children in the vehicle and did not initiate a pursuit.
Bejar is described as a 29-year-old Hispanic man standing 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighing 200 pounds. Police say he has resisted arrest in the past.
Bejar is known to have contacts in the city of Moorpark.
Anyone with information on Bejar's whereabouts should contact Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS, visit http://venturacountycrimestoppers.org or call Detective Cody Collet (805) 486-6228.
ventura county news
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate