Ventura County News
Oxnard man stabbed during carjacking; suspects on the run
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- A man is recovering after he was stabbed during a carjacking in Oxnard. The incident was reported just before 8:30 p.m. Tuesday on the 500 block of East 2nd Street.
Oxnard police say the 26-year-old was approached by two or three men and stabbed by one of them. Officers say the suspects then took the victim's 2000 Nissan Sentra. The car was later found abandoned.
The victim, a resident of Oxnard, was transported to Ventura County Medical Center to be treated for a stab wound. He remains in stable condition.
Police continue to look for the suspects, who have only been described as men between 18 and 20 years old.
Anyone with information was asked to contact Oxnard police Sgt. Alex Arnett at (805) 486-6211.
stabbing, ventura county news
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital 19 min ago
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks