Ventura County News
Summer Zuma Beach bus line launched from Thousand Oaks
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- The city of Thousand Oaks launched a summer bus line to Zuma Beach Tuesday.
The Orange Route to Zuma is slated to last during the summer school recess, beginning on June 18 and running through August 22.
The Summer Beach Bus will make two daily round trips on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Pick-up and drop-off locations include the Borchard Community Center main entrance; the Thousand Oaks Community Center near the loading zone; and the Thousand Oaks Teen Center bus stop.
Each stop is marked with an orange bus stop sign and timetable. As a regularly scheduled bus service, rides are available on a first come, first served basis with no reservations required.
Round trip fare is $5 ($2.50 for seniors and people with a disability), including free local bus transfers. Volume discount passes and pre-paid tickets are available at Transportation Center, 265 S. Rancho Road, or the Thousand Oaks Teen Center, 1375 E. Janss Road. Pre-paid tickets/passes or exact cash is required. The service is not eligible for the Smartcard bus pass.
The bus line, a collaborative project between Thousand Oaks and Conejo Recreation and Park District, will offer 50-passenger motorcoaches with air-condition, seatbelts and storage for surfboards and other beach paraphernalia. A lift to accommodate passengers with mobility devices will also be available.
ventura county news
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax 59 min ago
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court 8 min ago
- Suspects approach women at UC Riverside dorm
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age 51 min ago
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- First women move into Army combat jobs 58 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; hundreds rescued 50 min ago
- Tax Day: How to avoid penalties on your return
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments