Orange County News
Yorba Linda body: Victim identified, suspect in custody
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A female teen found fatally stabbed in Yorba Linda was identified Thursday and a suspect in her murder was in custody.
Gardena resident Aubreyanna Sade Parks, 17, was found on a residential street Tuesday. Parks had a prior arrest for prostitution and had been reported as a runaway at the time of her death, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Department. Yorba Linda resident Larry Soo Shin, 35, was arrested as a suspect in her homicide on Wednesday.
Shin was charged with one felony count of special circumstances of murder while lying in wait. If convicted, Shin faces the possibility of life in prison without parole. Shin was held without bail in Orange County Jail.
"We're still attempting to determine what the relationship between the suspect and the victim are," said Orange County Sheriff's Lt. Jeff Hallock.
Shin appeared in court on Thursday; his arraignment was continued to February 28. Shin's left hand and right finger were bandaged. He was appointed a public defender.
The Orange County District Attorney's Office said Shin asked Parks to meet him in Santa Ana. When she arrived, Shin allegedly stabbed her multiple times in her torso and left her body on a greenbelt in a residential area of Yorba Linda.
Santa Ana Police said vice detectives detained Parks previously during a prostitution operation. The investigation determined Park was a victim of human trafficking. She was turned over to Child Protective Services and placed in a shelter in Huntington Beach. She left shortly afterward, saying she was afraid her alleged pimp, Marsalis Joseph Smith, was going to kill her.
Smith, 25, was arrested for human trafficking by force or fear, pimping a minor and pandering with a minor in relation to Parks' case. He pleaded not guilty last week.
Anyone with additional information is asked to call the Orange County Sheriff's Department at (714) 647-7044. Anonymous tips may also be submitted to Orange County Crime Stoppers at 855-TIP-OCCS (855-847-6227) or at occrimestoppers.org
body found, orange county news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Car bursts into flames in lion habitat 7 min ago
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role