Orange County News
Body found in Yorba Linda; 35-year-old resident arrested
YORBA LINDA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 35-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a woman was found dead in front of a multi-million dollar home in Yorba Linda on Tuesday.
Authorities say a cyclist spotted the body in the grass at about 5:30 a.m. on Deodar Drive and Live Oak Lane.
While investigators would not say how the woman died or what kind of injuries she suffered, they say they believe she was the intended target.
"Based on the information that we have, we do not feel that there's any threat to the community," said Lt. Jeff Hallock of the Orange County Sheriff's Department.
Hallock says it is still unclear if the victim was killed at the location or if she was killed somewhere else and then dumped in front of the house.
According to neighbors, the house that the body was found in front of has been up for sale for at least a couple of months, but the home is occupied.
The woman has not been identified. Residents who saw the body said they do not recognize the woman.
The name of the suspect in custody has not been released, but authorities say he is a Yorba Linda resident. It was not yet clear what the relationship is between the suspect and the victim.
body found, orange county news
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment
- Metro to vote on fate of ExpressLanes pilot 36 min ago
- Granada Hills fire damages strip mall shops
- Burglary suspects sexually assault woman
- Boy brings loaded gun to Garden Grove school
- Man tries to lure Culver City girl into car
- FDA proposes 1st regulations for e-cigarettes
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers 10 min ago
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- OTRC: Jodie Foster weds partner Alexandra Hedison