Orange County News
Body found in Yorba Linda; 35-year-old resident arrested
YORBA LINDA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 35-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a woman was found dead in front of a multi-million dollar home in Yorba Linda on Tuesday.
Authorities say a cyclist spotted the body in the grass at about 5:30 a.m. on Deodar Drive and Live Oak Lane.
While investigators would not say how the woman died or what kind of injuries she suffered, they say they believe she was the intended target.
"Based on the information that we have, we do not feel that there's any threat to the community," said Lt. Jeff Hallock of the Orange County Sheriff's Department.
Hallock says it is still unclear if the victim was killed at the location or if she was killed somewhere else and then dumped in front of the house.
According to neighbors, the house that the body was found in front of has been up for sale for at least a couple of months, but the home is occupied.
The woman has not been identified. Residents who saw the body said they do not recognize the woman.
The name of the suspect in custody has not been released, but authorities say he is a Yorba Linda resident. It was not yet clear what the relationship is between the suspect and the victim.
body found, orange county news
- Nurse stabbed at Sylmar hospital; 1 arrested
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies 22 min ago
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role