Orange County News
Man found dead after house fire in Orange
ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was found dead in a house fire in Orange Thursday that may have been sparked by hoarding conditions.
The fire erupted on the 1700 block of North Shaffer Street at about 8:45 p.m. A knockdown was declared within 45 minutes, a fire official said.
The body of a man was found in a back bedroom of the home. His name has not been released.
The cause of the fire has not been determined. A fire official said the home was very crowded with furniture and other things inside and had "hoarder-packrat conditions."
City News Service contributed to this report.
fire, orange county news
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments