Orange County News
Man found dead after house fire in Orange
ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was found dead in a house fire in Orange Thursday that may have been sparked by hoarding conditions.
The fire erupted on the 1700 block of North Shaffer Street at about 8:45 p.m. A knockdown was declared within 45 minutes, a fire official said.
The body of a man was found in a back bedroom of the home. His name has not been released.
The cause of the fire has not been determined. A fire official said the home was very crowded with furniture and other things inside and had "hoarder-packrat conditions."
City News Service contributed to this report.
fire, orange county news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal 11 min ago
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 52 min ago
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Target photo flap creates thigh gap 3 min ago
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Selena Gomez films Adidas ads (Photos)
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
7 min ago