Orange County News
Woman struck by Buena Park police car was lying in road
BUENA PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities say a woman who was struck by a police cruiser in Buena Park was already lying in the roadway.
Police say a Buena Park Police Department patrol car was headed westbound on Orangethorpe Avenue approaching Oregon Street Saturday at about 1 a.m. when the officer noticed a body on the road.
The woman was identified as 33-year-old Katherine Tinnell.
"The officer had no time to react and struck Ms. Tinnell," according to a police report.
It's not yet known if Tinnell was alive at the time she was struck by the police vehicle. Police do not know why she was lying in the roadway.
The investigation is ongoing.
california highway patrol, orange county news
- Nurse stabbed at Sylmar hospital; 1 arrested
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies 22 min ago
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role