Orange County News
Woman struck by Buena Park police car was lying in road
BUENA PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities say a woman who was struck by a police cruiser in Buena Park was already lying in the roadway.
Police say a Buena Park Police Department patrol car was headed westbound on Orangethorpe Avenue approaching Oregon Street Saturday at about 1 a.m. when the officer noticed a body on the road.
The woman was identified as 33-year-old Katherine Tinnell.
"The officer had no time to react and struck Ms. Tinnell," according to a police report.
It's not yet known if Tinnell was alive at the time she was struck by the police vehicle. Police do not know why she was lying in the roadway.
The investigation is ongoing.
california highway patrol, orange county news
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers 27 min ago
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- Ventura growers protect crops from freezing
- Cold front moves across Southern California
- Abducted Palmdale children found safe
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Newtown dispatcher told callers to take cover
- Indio High student diagnosed with tuberculosis
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- 'Top Gun' woman tapped for Pentagon no. 2 job
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film