Orange County News
Body found in burned Cypress home identified
CYPRESS, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities have confirmed that the body found in a burned home in Cypress Saturday morning is that of a male suspect they were chasing.
The suspect was identified as Steve Taylor, 20, of Long Beach.
Cypress police responded to the area of Orangewood Avenue and Valley View Street after receiving a call about a shirtless man carrying a large knife around 7 a.m. Police chased the suspect as he ran through Manzanita Park. Officers said he then broke into a house on the 11500 block of Panay Street.
After a brief standoff, a fire broke out inside the home. Orange County Fire Authority firefighters put out the flames through a back window.
Officers entered the house and found Taylor dead in the bathroom. It's not yet known how he died.
Family members said the people who live at the home were away on vacation at the time of the incident.
fire, body found, orange county news
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital 10 min ago
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 44 min ago
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks