Orange County News
Body found in burned Cypress home identified
CYPRESS, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities have confirmed that the body found in a burned home in Cypress Saturday morning is that of a male suspect they were chasing.
The suspect was identified as Steve Taylor, 20, of Long Beach.
Cypress police responded to the area of Orangewood Avenue and Valley View Street after receiving a call about a shirtless man carrying a large knife around 7 a.m. Police chased the suspect as he ran through Manzanita Park. Officers said he then broke into a house on the 11500 block of Panay Street.
After a brief standoff, a fire broke out inside the home. Orange County Fire Authority firefighters put out the flames through a back window.
Officers entered the house and found Taylor dead in the bathroom. It's not yet known how he died.
Family members said the people who live at the home were away on vacation at the time of the incident.
fire, body found, orange county news
- EB 210 Fwy lanes closed, Gold Line shut down 1 min ago
- Protesters commemorate Armenian Genocide
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- Obama: Asia-Pacific trade deal not in danger
- Olivia Wilde, Jason Sudeikis welcome baby boy 17 min ago
- OTRC: Beyonce on '100 Most Influential People' cover