Orange County News
Body found in burned Cypress home identified
CYPRESS, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities have confirmed that the body found in a burned home in Cypress Saturday morning is that of a male suspect they were chasing.
The suspect was identified as Steve Taylor, 20, of Long Beach.
Cypress police responded to the area of Orangewood Avenue and Valley View Street after receiving a call about a shirtless man carrying a large knife around 7 a.m. Police chased the suspect as he ran through Manzanita Park. Officers said he then broke into a house on the 11500 block of Panay Street.
After a brief standoff, a fire broke out inside the home. Orange County Fire Authority firefighters put out the flames through a back window.
Officers entered the house and found Taylor dead in the bathroom. It's not yet known how he died.
Family members said the people who live at the home were away on vacation at the time of the incident.
fire, body found, orange county news
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student 59 min ago
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)