Orange County News
Body found in burned Cypress home identified
CYPRESS, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities have confirmed that the body found in a burned home in Cypress Saturday morning is that of a male suspect they were chasing.
The suspect was identified as Steve Taylor, 20, of Long Beach.
Cypress police responded to the area of Orangewood Avenue and Valley View Street after receiving a call about a shirtless man carrying a large knife around 7 a.m. Police chased the suspect as he ran through Manzanita Park. Officers said he then broke into a house on the 11500 block of Panay Street.
After a brief standoff, a fire broke out inside the home. Orange County Fire Authority firefighters put out the flames through a back window.
Officers entered the house and found Taylor dead in the bathroom. It's not yet known how he died.
Family members said the people who live at the home were away on vacation at the time of the incident.
fire, body found, orange county news
- LA supervisors criticize Baca amid jail probe
- UC Riverside employee diagnosed w/ meningitis
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget deal
- $50K reward announced in murder of 7-year-old
- FBI arrest several alleged MS-13 gang members
- Man burns to death, may have been stealing gas
- Auto thefts up in CA after realignment -study
- SD man charged in 'revenge porn' site case 22 min ago
- Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- Missing Nevada couple, 4 children found safe
- abcnews: Alleged cow abuse at DiGiorno supplier
- US Navy sailor surprises family on ABC comedy
- Gabor Xmas party to go on amid spending fight
- OTRC: Kate Winslet, Ned RocknRoll welcome baby
- Nativity scene stolen from Temecula yard
9 min ago