Orange County News
Huntington Beach suspect killed in officer-involved shooting
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- One suspect was killed in an officer-involved shooting in Huntington Beach Saturday morning. A second suspect is on the loose.
Huntington Beach police said an officer contacted two men in a vehicle at Glencoe Drive and Silver Lane around 7:45 a.m. The men got out of the vehicle and ran away.
The officer chased one suspect. According to police, there was a confrontation, and the officer fatally shot the unidentified male suspect. He was identified by a family member as 26-year-old Eric Marquez.
The officer was not hurt.
Police said a handgun was recovered at the scene.
The second man ran north on Sher Lane and has not been located. He was described as Hispanic, in his early 20s, 6 feet tall, 200 pounds with a shaved head. He was wearing black clothing. Authorities said he is wanted for questioning.
Investigators with the Orange County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Unit looking into the incident.
The Huntington Beach police officer involved in the shooting is a nine-year law enforcement veteran. The officer has not been identified.
Anyone with information is asked to call Huntington Beach police at (714) 960-8811.
shooting, officer-involved shooting, orange county news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 53 min ago
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case 31 min ago
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy near Torrance 27 min ago
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Ohio couple married 70 yrs die 15 hours apart
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week 3 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour