Orange County News
Huntington Beach suspect killed in officer-involved shooting
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- One suspect was killed in an officer-involved shooting in Huntington Beach Saturday morning. A second suspect is on the loose.
Huntington Beach police said an officer contacted two men in a vehicle at Glencoe Drive and Silver Lane around 7:45 a.m. The men got out of the vehicle and ran away.
The officer chased one suspect. According to police, there was a confrontation, and the officer fatally shot the unidentified male suspect. He was identified by a family member as 26-year-old Eric Marquez.
The officer was not hurt.
Police said a handgun was recovered at the scene.
The second man ran north on Sher Lane and has not been located. He was described as Hispanic, in his early 20s, 6 feet tall, 200 pounds with a shaved head. He was wearing black clothing. Authorities said he is wanted for questioning.
Investigators with the Orange County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Unit looking into the incident.
The Huntington Beach police officer involved in the shooting is a nine-year law enforcement veteran. The officer has not been identified.
Anyone with information is asked to call Huntington Beach police at (714) 960-8811.
shooting, officer-involved shooting, orange county news
- I-5 through Grapevine closed due to snow, ice
- Quick, cold front brings rain, chance of snow
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary 30 min ago
- Hawthorne stabbing: 1 killed, probe underway
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Manhattan Beach offers free parking downtown 7 min ago
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Brian the dog returning to 'Family Guy'?