Orange County News
Huntington Beach suspect killed in officer-involved shooting
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- One suspect was killed in an officer-involved shooting in Huntington Beach Saturday morning. A second suspect is on the loose.
Huntington Beach police said an officer contacted two men in a vehicle at Glencoe Drive and Silver Lane around 7:45 a.m. The men got out of the vehicle and ran away.
The officer chased one suspect. According to police, there was a confrontation, and the officer fatally shot the unidentified male suspect. He was identified by a family member as 26-year-old Eric Marquez.
The officer was not hurt.
Police said a handgun was recovered at the scene.
The second man ran north on Sher Lane and has not been located. He was described as Hispanic, in his early 20s, 6 feet tall, 200 pounds with a shaved head. He was wearing black clothing. Authorities said he is wanted for questioning.
Investigators with the Orange County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Unit looking into the incident.
The Huntington Beach police officer involved in the shooting is a nine-year law enforcement veteran. The officer has not been identified.
Anyone with information is asked to call Huntington Beach police at (714) 960-8811.
shooting, officer-involved shooting, orange county news
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic 25 min ago
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Claremont sexual predator charged with felonies
- Suspicious bag found on the tarmac at LAX
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors