Orange County News
Orange deadly shooting: Victim, suspect had romantic relationship
ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- The female suspect and victim in the fatal Orange shooting were romantically involved, according to a family member.
The daughter of the victim, 44-year-old Jennifer Roberta Solorio, told Eyewitness News that her mother and the suspect, 35-year-old Jessica Gonzalez, were involved in a romantic relationship for 13 years. She said the two were having problems recently, but she does not know what possible reason Gonzalez would have to resort to such violence.
Police say Gonzalez, from Santa Ana, shot and killed Solorio outside an apartment complex in Orange Thursday around 3 p.m.
According to court documents, both women have lengthy criminal records. Solorio in 2006 pleaded guilty to unlawful possession of a controlled substance and receiving stolen property. Her criminal past goes back to 1998, including charges of perjury.
Just two weeks ago, Gonzalez pleaded not guilty to charges of burglary and theft. She was released on a $25,000 bond. She has also been convicted of numerous drug related charges in the past.
Gonzales is 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighs about 90 pounds. She was last seen wearing black sweatpants and a black long-sleeve shirt. Police said Gonzales is considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information was asked to call Orange police at (714) 936-1204.
shooting, orange county news, eileen frere
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries 9 min ago
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment 50 min ago
- Metro to vote on fate of ExpressLanes pilot
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- Granada Hills fire damages strip mall shops
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- OTRC: Peter Jackson: 'The Hobbit 3' title changed