Orange County News
Orange deadly shooting: Victim, suspect had romantic relationship
ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- The female suspect and victim in the fatal Orange shooting were romantically involved, according to a family member.
The daughter of the victim, 44-year-old Jennifer Roberta Solorio, told Eyewitness News that her mother and the suspect, 35-year-old Jessica Gonzalez, were involved in a romantic relationship for 13 years. She said the two were having problems recently, but she does not know what possible reason Gonzalez would have to resort to such violence.
Police say Gonzalez, from Santa Ana, shot and killed Solorio outside an apartment complex in Orange Thursday around 3 p.m.
According to court documents, both women have lengthy criminal records. Solorio in 2006 pleaded guilty to unlawful possession of a controlled substance and receiving stolen property. Her criminal past goes back to 1998, including charges of perjury.
Just two weeks ago, Gonzalez pleaded not guilty to charges of burglary and theft. She was released on a $25,000 bond. She has also been convicted of numerous drug related charges in the past.
Gonzales is 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighs about 90 pounds. She was last seen wearing black sweatpants and a black long-sleeve shirt. Police said Gonzales is considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information was asked to call Orange police at (714) 936-1204.
shooting, orange county news, eileen frere
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 16 min ago
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks 22 min ago
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role