Orange County News
Santa Ana mental patient escapee surrenders, back at facility
GARDEN GROVE, Calif. (KABC) -- A Santa Ana mental health patient, who was considered extremely dangerous because of his threats against children, has surrendered to authorities.
Friday, Santa Ana police issued an alert after Norris Phuoc Nguyen escaped from a mental health facility, where he's been committed since last year.
Authorities say he had made threats against children at a Garden Grove elementary he once attended. Saturday, Nguyen voluntarily returned to the mental health facility and was taken into custody. He told authorities that he went to a friend's house nearby.
Garden Grove police interviewed Nguyen and said it doesn't appear that he committed any crimes while he was away from the facility.
orange county news
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment 20 min ago
- Metro to vote on fate of ExpressLanes pilot
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- Granada Hills fire damages strip mall shops
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic
- Boy brings loaded gun to Garden Grove school
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- OTRC: Peter Jackson: 'The Hobbit 3' title changed 46 min ago