Orange County News
Santa Ana mental patient escapee surrenders, back at facility
GARDEN GROVE, Calif. (KABC) -- A Santa Ana mental health patient, who was considered extremely dangerous because of his threats against children, has surrendered to authorities.
Friday, Santa Ana police issued an alert after Norris Phuoc Nguyen escaped from a mental health facility, where he's been committed since last year.
Authorities say he had made threats against children at a Garden Grove elementary he once attended. Saturday, Nguyen voluntarily returned to the mental health facility and was taken into custody. He told authorities that he went to a friend's house nearby.
Garden Grove police interviewed Nguyen and said it doesn't appear that he committed any crimes while he was away from the facility.
orange county news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large 26 min ago
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Oscar Isaac can relate to 'Llewyn Davis'
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
1 min ago