Orange County News
Santa Ana mental patient escapee surrenders, back at facility
GARDEN GROVE, Calif. (KABC) -- A Santa Ana mental health patient, who was considered extremely dangerous because of his threats against children, has surrendered to authorities.
Friday, Santa Ana police issued an alert after Norris Phuoc Nguyen escaped from a mental health facility, where he's been committed since last year.
Authorities say he had made threats against children at a Garden Grove elementary he once attended. Saturday, Nguyen voluntarily returned to the mental health facility and was taken into custody. He told authorities that he went to a friend's house nearby.
Garden Grove police interviewed Nguyen and said it doesn't appear that he committed any crimes while he was away from the facility.
orange county news
- Nurse stabbed at Sylmar hospital; 1 arrested 35 min ago
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 21 min ago
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought 50 min ago
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy near Torrance 47 min ago
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour