Orange County News
Santa Ana mental patient escapee surrenders, back at facility
GARDEN GROVE, Calif. (KABC) -- A Santa Ana mental health patient, who was considered extremely dangerous because of his threats against children, has surrendered to authorities.
Friday, Santa Ana police issued an alert after Norris Phuoc Nguyen escaped from a mental health facility, where he's been committed since last year.
Authorities say he had made threats against children at a Garden Grove elementary he once attended. Saturday, Nguyen voluntarily returned to the mental health facility and was taken into custody. He told authorities that he went to a friend's house nearby.
Garden Grove police interviewed Nguyen and said it doesn't appear that he committed any crimes while he was away from the facility.
orange county news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video