Los Angeles News
USC-area shooting: Gunman search underway
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles police are investigating a shooting at a party near the University of Southern California campus.
The incident occurred at approximately 11:30 p.m. Friday at the Lorenzo Apartments in the 300 block of Adams Boulevard.
A man in his mid-20s was shot in the torso and rushed to an area hospital to undergo surgery. As of 12:45 p.m., police said the man was listed in critical condition.
Investigators said he was attending a party on the fourth floor of the apartment building. Police said there were unconfirmed reports that the party was to celebrate the victim's birthday.
The victim's family says he is not a USC student. Police are still looking for the gunman, who was only described as an African American male.
shooting, los angeles news
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal 50 min ago
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video 29 min ago
- Missing flight's last words were routine
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine 22 min ago
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer won't seek third term 23 min ago
- Ukraine accuses Russia of military buildup 59 min ago
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Fitbit Force recalled over allergic reactions 58 min ago
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons