Los Angeles News
USC-area shooting: Gunman search underway
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles police are investigating a shooting at a party near the University of Southern California campus.
The incident occurred at approximately 11:30 p.m. Friday at the Lorenzo Apartments in the 300 block of Adams Boulevard.
A man in his mid-20s was shot in the torso and rushed to an area hospital to undergo surgery. As of 12:45 p.m., police said the man was listed in critical condition.
Investigators said he was attending a party on the fourth floor of the apartment building. Police said there were unconfirmed reports that the party was to celebrate the victim's birthday.
The victim's family says he is not a USC student. Police are still looking for the gunman, who was only described as an African American male.
shooting, los angeles news
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnapping
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies 44 min ago
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- S.Korean ferry: Vice principal commits suicide
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12 37 min ago
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)