Los Angeles News
USC-area shooting: Gunman search underway
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles police are investigating a shooting at a party near the University of Southern California campus.
The incident occurred at approximately 11:30 p.m. Friday at the Lorenzo Apartments in the 300 block of Adams Boulevard.
A man in his mid-20s was shot in the torso and rushed to an area hospital to undergo surgery. As of 12:45 p.m., police said the man was listed in critical condition.
Investigators said he was attending a party on the fourth floor of the apartment building. Police said there were unconfirmed reports that the party was to celebrate the victim's birthday.
The victim's family says he is not a USC student. Police are still looking for the gunman, who was only described as an African American male.
shooting, los angeles news
- Burglary suspects sexually assault woman
- Sex offender arrested for sex with minor
- Boy brings loaded gun to Garden Grove school
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD 56 min ago
- Man tries to lure Culver City girl into car
- TSA responds to case on disabled LAX passenger
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- South Korea ferry death toll reaches 156
- abcnews: McCann probers focus on child sex attacker
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- Jay Z, Beyonce Rose Bowl concert approved
- OTRC: Jodie Foster weds partner Alexandra Hedison