Los Angeles News
Former El Segundo teacher charged with molesting 13 boys
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A former teacher at an El Segundo elementary school has been charged with molesting 13 boys.
According to the Daily Breeze, Jeffrey Simonek, 28, of Torrance, is facing 20 charges of lewd acts upon a child under 14 years old.
Investigators say two of the victims were students at Center Street School in El Segundo where Simonek taught fifth grade.
Simonek was also suspected of similar crimes at a camp in Northern California, investigators said. Police said Simonek has also taught and volunteered at other schools and camps in L.A. and Orange counties. He also sometimes babysat, police said.
Simonek was arrested Nov. 26, but the indictment was recently unsealed. He is being held on $20 million bail.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
los angeles news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role