Los Angeles News
Former El Segundo teacher charged with molesting 13 boys
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A former teacher at an El Segundo elementary school has been charged with molesting 13 boys.
According to the Daily Breeze, Jeffrey Simonek, 28, of Torrance, is facing 20 charges of lewd acts upon a child under 14 years old.
Investigators say two of the victims were students at Center Street School in El Segundo where Simonek taught fifth grade.
Simonek was also suspected of similar crimes at a camp in Northern California, investigators said. Police said Simonek has also taught and volunteered at other schools and camps in L.A. and Orange counties. He also sometimes babysat, police said.
Simonek was arrested Nov. 26, but the indictment was recently unsealed. He is being held on $20 million bail.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
los angeles news
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide 26 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- 'Octomom' pleads not guilty to 4th charge 52 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed 46 min ago
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker