Los Angeles News
Athens crash victim ejected, run over by hit-and run driver
ATHENS, LOS ANGELES COUNTY (KABC) -- A passenger was run over and killed after the driver in the vehicle she was traveling in lost control and collided with several vehicles in the Athens area of Los Angeles Saturday.
The driver of a gray 1982 Buick Regal lost control and smashed into several parked cars near 120 Street and Budlong Avenue.
Officers say Olga Herrarte, 48, of San Pedro, a passenger in the Buick, was thrown from it, run over and killed.
The driver fled the scene on foot.
The cause of the collision remains under investigation but investigators believe speeding may have played a part in the crash.
Police are actively searching for the hit-and-run driver. He was last seen running northbound on Budlong Avenue.
Anyone with information regarding this incident was urged to contact Officer S. Taylor at the CHP West Los Angeles Area Office at (310) 642-3939.
car crash, hit and run, california highway patrol, los angeles news
- DUI driver slams into apartment, killing girl 6 min ago
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter 57 min ago
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Laughing can improve memory 22 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 26 min ago
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour