Los Angeles News
Athens crash victim ejected, run over by hit-and run driver
ATHENS, LOS ANGELES COUNTY (KABC) -- A passenger was run over and killed after the driver in the vehicle she was traveling in lost control and collided with several vehicles in the Athens area of Los Angeles Saturday.
The driver of a gray 1982 Buick Regal lost control and smashed into several parked cars near 120 Street and Budlong Avenue.
Officers say Olga Herrarte, 48, of San Pedro, a passenger in the Buick, was thrown from it, run over and killed.
The driver fled the scene on foot.
The cause of the collision remains under investigation but investigators believe speeding may have played a part in the crash.
Police are actively searching for the hit-and-run driver. He was last seen running northbound on Budlong Avenue.
Anyone with information regarding this incident was urged to contact Officer S. Taylor at the CHP West Los Angeles Area Office at (310) 642-3939.
car crash, hit and run, california highway patrol, los angeles news
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 44 min ago
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Baldwin Hills natural gas leak: Repairs done
- LB mayoral candidate mailer wrongly shows SD
- Playa del Rey home break-in caught on camera
- Beverly Hills High School gunman threat false
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus' Twitter jabs at Katy Perry