Los Angeles News
Fire rips through market in Glassell Park
GLASSELL PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- More than 120 firefighters battled a fire that destroyed a market in Glassell Park Sunday night.
The blaze at Verdugo Ranch Market on the 3300 block of North Verdugo Road was reported shortly before 9 p.m.
Firefighters arrived on scene and reported flames showing through the roof of the market, which was closed at the time, according to Los Angeles Fire Department spokeswoman Katherine Main.
A portion of the 5,000-square-foot structure collapsed. Fortunately, no one was inside.
One firefighter suffered an eye injury but was treated at the scene and returned to work, said Main.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
City News Service contributed to this report.
fire, los angeles city fire department, los angeles news
- Burglary suspects sexually assault woman 59 min ago
- Sex offender arrested for sex with minor
- Boy brings loaded gun to Garden Grove school
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD 54 min ago
- Man tries to lure Culver City girl into car
- TSA responds to case on disabled LAX passenger
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- South Korea ferry death toll reaches 156
- abcnews: McCann probers focus on child sex attacker
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- Jay Z, Beyonce Rose Bowl concert approved
- OTRC: Jodie Foster weds partner Alexandra Hedison