Los Angeles News
Fire rips through market in Glassell Park
GLASSELL PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- More than 120 firefighters battled a fire that destroyed a market in Glassell Park Sunday night.
The blaze at Verdugo Ranch Market on the 3300 block of North Verdugo Road was reported shortly before 9 p.m.
Firefighters arrived on scene and reported flames showing through the roof of the market, which was closed at the time, according to Los Angeles Fire Department spokeswoman Katherine Main.
A portion of the 5,000-square-foot structure collapsed. Fortunately, no one was inside.
One firefighter suffered an eye injury but was treated at the scene and returned to work, said Main.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
City News Service contributed to this report.
fire, los angeles city fire department, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months