Los Angeles News
Pico Rivera deputy shooting leaves man injured
PICO RIVERA, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is underway after a man was injured in a deputy-involved shooting in Pico Rivera early Sunday morning.
The shooting happened at Rosemead Boulevard and Shenandoah Avenue around 12:30 a.m.
According to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, Pico Rivera deputies witnessed a man spray-painting a wall. He then took off on foot and got into a vehicle with three other men.
Despite orders to stop, the suspects drove directly toward a deputy, the department said. The deputy fired at the car, hitting one of the men.
The man was transported to a local hospital in critical condition. Three other suspects were taken into custody.
No deputies were injured in the incident.
shooting, deputy-involved shooting, los angeles county sheriff's department, pico rivera, los angeles news
- Burglary suspects sexually assault woman
- Sex offender arrested for sex with minor
- Boy brings loaded gun to Garden Grove school
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- Man tries to lure Culver City girl into car
- TSA responds to case on disabled LAX passenger
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- South Korea ferry death toll reaches 156
- abcnews: McCann probers focus on child sex attacker
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- Jay Z, Beyonce Rose Bowl concert approved
- OTRC: Jodie Foster weds partner Alexandra Hedison