Los Angeles News
Pico Rivera deputy shooting leaves man injured
PICO RIVERA, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is underway after a man was injured in a deputy-involved shooting in Pico Rivera early Sunday morning.
The shooting happened at Rosemead Boulevard and Shenandoah Avenue around 12:30 a.m.
According to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, Pico Rivera deputies witnessed a man spray-painting a wall. He then took off on foot and got into a vehicle with three other men.
Despite orders to stop, the suspects drove directly toward a deputy, the department said. The deputy fired at the car, hitting one of the men.
The man was transported to a local hospital in critical condition. Three other suspects were taken into custody.
No deputies were injured in the incident.
shooting, deputy-involved shooting, los angeles county sheriff's department, pico rivera, los angeles news
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital 27 min ago
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd 6 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 2 min ago
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks