Los Angeles News
Pico Rivera deputy shooting leaves man injured
PICO RIVERA, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is underway after a man was injured in a deputy-involved shooting in Pico Rivera early Sunday morning.
The shooting happened at Rosemead Boulevard and Shenandoah Avenue around 12:30 a.m.
According to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, Pico Rivera deputies witnessed a man spray-painting a wall. He then took off on foot and got into a vehicle with three other men.
Despite orders to stop, the suspects drove directly toward a deputy, the department said. The deputy fired at the car, hitting one of the men.
The man was transported to a local hospital in critical condition. Three other suspects were taken into custody.
No deputies were injured in the incident.
shooting, deputy-involved shooting, los angeles county sheriff's department, pico rivera, los angeles news
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD 4 min ago
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Cute bear cub left alone at animal rescue
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- California farmers to get more water
30 min ago