Los Angeles News
Pico Rivera deputy shooting leaves man injured
PICO RIVERA, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is underway after a man was injured in a deputy-involved shooting in Pico Rivera early Sunday morning.
The shooting happened at Rosemead Boulevard and Shenandoah Avenue around 12:30 a.m.
According to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, Pico Rivera deputies witnessed a man spray-painting a wall. He then took off on foot and got into a vehicle with three other men.
Despite orders to stop, the suspects drove directly toward a deputy, the department said. The deputy fired at the car, hitting one of the men.
The man was transported to a local hospital in critical condition. Three other suspects were taken into custody.
No deputies were injured in the incident.
shooting, deputy-involved shooting, los angeles county sheriff's department, pico rivera, los angeles news
- Authorities investigate body found in Laguna Hills
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA Hospital
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park 41 min ago
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Newtown priest speaks out on shooting
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son