Los Angeles News
Chase suspect in stolen vehicle in custody in Granada Hills
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A police chase of a suspect in a stolen car out of the Antelope Valley area ended with a PIT maneuver on Wednesday afternoon.
The chase began shortly after 11:30 a.m. when officers ran the license plate during a traffic stop. Police say the car was wanted in connection with a car stolen on July 20.
The vehicle sped off and got on the westbound 118 Freeway into Ventura County. When the suspect got to the west end of Simi Valley, he exited the freeway and got back onto the eastbound 118.
When the driver exited on Woodley Avenue in Granada Hills, officers were able to perform a PIT maneuver, ending the chase at 12:23 p.m. A shirtless male suspect stepped out of the vehicle and was taken into custody without further incident.
Police say there was only one person in the vehicle.
car chase, los angeles news
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries 5 min ago
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment 46 min ago
- Metro to vote on fate of ExpressLanes pilot
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- Granada Hills fire damages strip mall shops
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- OTRC: Peter Jackson: 'The Hobbit 3' title changed