Los Angeles News
Chase suspect in stolen vehicle in custody in Granada Hills
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A police chase of a suspect in a stolen car out of the Antelope Valley area ended with a PIT maneuver on Wednesday afternoon.
The chase began shortly after 11:30 a.m. when officers ran the license plate during a traffic stop. Police say the car was wanted in connection with a car stolen on July 20.
The vehicle sped off and got on the westbound 118 Freeway into Ventura County. When the suspect got to the west end of Simi Valley, he exited the freeway and got back onto the eastbound 118.
When the driver exited on Woodley Avenue in Granada Hills, officers were able to perform a PIT maneuver, ending the chase at 12:23 p.m. A shirtless male suspect stepped out of the vehicle and was taken into custody without further incident.
Police say there was only one person in the vehicle.
car chase, los angeles news
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker 29 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains 42 min ago
- Small plane lands on NB 241 toll road in OC 7 min ago
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- VC suspicious death investigation underway
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Cold weather brings flight cancellations
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis