Los Angeles News
Chase suspect in stolen vehicle in custody in Granada Hills
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A police chase of a suspect in a stolen car out of the Antelope Valley area ended with a PIT maneuver on Wednesday afternoon.
The chase began shortly after 11:30 a.m. when officers ran the license plate during a traffic stop. Police say the car was wanted in connection with a car stolen on July 20.
The vehicle sped off and got on the westbound 118 Freeway into Ventura County. When the suspect got to the west end of Simi Valley, he exited the freeway and got back onto the eastbound 118.
When the driver exited on Woodley Avenue in Granada Hills, officers were able to perform a PIT maneuver, ending the chase at 12:23 p.m. A shirtless male suspect stepped out of the vehicle and was taken into custody without further incident.
Police say there was only one person in the vehicle.
car chase, los angeles news
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico 8 min ago
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- Griffith Park mountain lion exposed to poison
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)