Los Angeles News
Chase suspect in stolen vehicle in custody in Granada Hills
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A police chase of a suspect in a stolen car out of the Antelope Valley area ended with a PIT maneuver on Wednesday afternoon.
The chase began shortly after 11:30 a.m. when officers ran the license plate during a traffic stop. Police say the car was wanted in connection with a car stolen on July 20.
The vehicle sped off and got on the westbound 118 Freeway into Ventura County. When the suspect got to the west end of Simi Valley, he exited the freeway and got back onto the eastbound 118.
When the driver exited on Woodley Avenue in Granada Hills, officers were able to perform a PIT maneuver, ending the chase at 12:23 p.m. A shirtless male suspect stepped out of the vehicle and was taken into custody without further incident.
Police say there was only one person in the vehicle.
car chase, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 6 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust 13 min ago
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought 52 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere