Los Angeles News
Gang member sought in Redondo Beach shooting murder
REDONDO BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Police announced Monday the arrest of two suspects in the murder of a Gardena man. A third suspect remained at large.
Bobby Darren Reynolds, 38, was gunned down Friday night on the 2400 block of Ralston Lane in Redondo Beach.
Erick Julian Ortega is considered armed and dangerous. Redondo Beach Police say the 27-year-old gang member is wanted for the murder of Bobby Darren Reynolds. On Friday night, Reynolds, a father of two, was shot at close range multiple times.
"We still believe that he was specifically targeted based on the way the shooting occurred," said Redondo Beach Police Captain Jeff Hink. "We don't know why."
Police say Ortega and Eduardo Antonio Losa carried out the murder, and Losa's girlfriend, Shelby Ann Johnston, was an accessory. Johnston, a known gang member, and Losa were arrested over the weekend.
"[Losa] is a 42-year-old resident of Lomita and a documented NSR-13 gang member," said Hink. "His criminal past includes assault with a deadly weapon, robbery and parole violations."
Police say Ortega is also a member of the NSR-13 gang and is working with other gang members in state prison.
"Ortega is also involved in narcotics trafficking, and that he distributes the proceeds from the sale of narcotics to state prison inmates," said Hink.
Ortega has a tattoo on his head of the letters "H" and "A," a marijuana leaf on his right arm, a nude woman on his right arm and a clown on his left shoulder.
If you see Ortega, call 911. If you have information related to the case, call Redondo Beach Police at (310) 937-6685.
south bay, homicide investigation, murder, shooting, gang activity, los angeles news, melissa macbride
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Lancaster fight leads to double stabbing 59 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Calif. bill would ban orcas in SeaWorld shows
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere