Los Angeles News
Lancaster woman found dead in mobile home; boyfriend sought
LANCASTER, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are searching for the boyfriend of a woman who was found dead in her Lancaster home.
The body of Lidia Castillo, 45, was found around 9 p.m. Sunday on the 2500 block of East Avenue I.
Los Angeles County Sheriff's detectives say Castillo had been living at the mobile home with her boyfriend, who they have not identified.
Family members went to Castillo's home Sunday night since she had not been heard from since last Wednesday. They found her dead in her bedroom, but it's unclear if foul play was involved. The coroner's office will perform an autopsy to determine the victim's cause of death.
"To find out that there was a lady that they found her body in a mobile home on this back street, that's too close for comfort. I live here. It's just too much," said Lancaster resident James Anderson.
Investigators say the victim's mobile home was ransacked and items were missing.
Castillo's boyfriend is a person of interest in the case, and authorities want to talk to him. Investigators believe he took Castillo's red 2007 four-door Chevy Impala with Nevada license plate 805 YBH.
Residents in the area say the woman moved into the mobile home park less than a month ago.
"It's crazy. We've never had anything like that happen in this neighborhood," said Cesar Bustos. "It's always been a safe neighborhood for me. It's kind of shocking to me."
"We live right down the street right here, and it's just devastating living here in Lancaster," said Diane Carter. "Every week we hear something about Lancaster on the news, and it's devastating. It's really scary."
Anyone with information was asked to contact Los Angeles County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.
los angeles county sheriff's department, los angeles news, leo stallworth
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran
- Quick, cold front brings rain, chance of snow
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire 34 min ago
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees