Los Angeles News
Transient attempts to kidnap 6-year-old girl at Arcadia park
ARCADIA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 33-year-old man was arrested on Sunday afternoon for attempting to kidnap a 6-year-old girl at an Arcadia park.
Deputies responded to the crowded park in the 400 block of South Santa Anita Avenue at 3:35 p.m. Jason Macklin Dell, who was described as a transient, allegedly grabbed the girl's hand and tried to drag her away, pulling her about 100 feet away.
But the girl screamed and struggled, managing to free herself. She ran to her mother, who called 911 and confronted the suspect.
Dell was taken into custody for kidnapping and annoying a child. He is being held on $400,000 bail at the Temple Sheriff's Station.
kidnap, los angeles news
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed 17 min ago
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD 36 min ago
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
32 min ago