Los Angeles News
Transient attempts to kidnap 6-year-old girl at Arcadia park
ARCADIA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 33-year-old man was arrested on Sunday afternoon for attempting to kidnap a 6-year-old girl at an Arcadia park.
Deputies responded to the crowded park in the 400 block of South Santa Anita Avenue at 3:35 p.m. Jason Macklin Dell, who was described as a transient, allegedly grabbed the girl's hand and tried to drag her away, pulling her about 100 feet away.
But the girl screamed and struggled, managing to free herself. She ran to her mother, who called 911 and confronted the suspect.
Dell was taken into custody for kidnapping and annoying a child. He is being held on $400,000 bail at the Temple Sheriff's Station.
kidnap, los angeles news
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang 11 min ago
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- Robo-seal pups help patients fight dementia
- Long Beach motorcycle show offers demo rides
- Disney gains rights to 'Indiana Jones' films 20 min ago
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees 34 min ago