Los Angeles News
Transient attempts to kidnap 6-year-old girl at Arcadia park
ARCADIA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 33-year-old man was arrested on Sunday afternoon for attempting to kidnap a 6-year-old girl at an Arcadia park.
Deputies responded to the crowded park in the 400 block of South Santa Anita Avenue at 3:35 p.m. Jason Macklin Dell, who was described as a transient, allegedly grabbed the girl's hand and tried to drag her away, pulling her about 100 feet away.
But the girl screamed and struggled, managing to free herself. She ran to her mother, who called 911 and confronted the suspect.
Dell was taken into custody for kidnapping and annoying a child. He is being held on $400,000 bail at the Temple Sheriff's Station.
kidnap, los angeles news
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD 1 min ago
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Cute bear cub left alone at animal rescue
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- California farmers to get more water
27 min ago