Los Angeles News
Transient attempts to kidnap 6-year-old girl at Arcadia park
ARCADIA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 33-year-old man was arrested on Sunday afternoon for attempting to kidnap a 6-year-old girl at an Arcadia park.
Deputies responded to the crowded park in the 400 block of South Santa Anita Avenue at 3:35 p.m. Jason Macklin Dell, who was described as a transient, allegedly grabbed the girl's hand and tried to drag her away, pulling her about 100 feet away.
But the girl screamed and struggled, managing to free herself. She ran to her mother, who called 911 and confronted the suspect.
Dell was taken into custody for kidnapping and annoying a child. He is being held on $400,000 bail at the Temple Sheriff's Station.
kidnap, los angeles news
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment 14 min ago
- Metro to vote on fate of ExpressLanes pilot
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- Granada Hills fire damages strip mall shops
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic
- Boy brings loaded gun to Garden Grove school
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- OTRC: Peter Jackson: 'The Hobbit 3' title changed 40 min ago
- Mac and cheese gets upgrade at Beer Belly
54 min ago