Inland Empire News
Wanted parolee arrested in Upland after bicycle chase
UPLAND, Calif. (KABC) -- A wanted parolee was arrested in Upland after leading an officer on an elaborate chase.
The incident happened shortly before 11:30 p.m. Saturday when an Upland police officer attempted to stop Anthony Mario Jimenez, 36, on a bicycle. Jimenez failed to stop and fled on his bike. He eventually jumped off of the bike and fled on foot.
During the foot pursuit, police say Jimenez reached into his waistband and removed a shiny object. The officer then fired at Jimenez, who got away.
A short time later, police received a call from a resident about someone who was knocking on their door. Police arrived and found Jimenez, who took off again. Police say he was eventually captured after a brief struggle with officers.
Police say Jimenez was not injured in the shooting, and a toy handgun was later found in the area of the shooting.
Jimenez was booked at West Valley Detention Center for a parole violation, felony resisting arrest, brandishing a replica gun and delaying a police officer.
Upland police are investigating the incident.
arrest, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks