Inland Empire News
Wanted parolee arrested in Upland after bicycle chase
UPLAND, Calif. (KABC) -- A wanted parolee was arrested in Upland after leading an officer on an elaborate chase.
The incident happened shortly before 11:30 p.m. Saturday when an Upland police officer attempted to stop Anthony Mario Jimenez, 36, on a bicycle. Jimenez failed to stop and fled on his bike. He eventually jumped off of the bike and fled on foot.
During the foot pursuit, police say Jimenez reached into his waistband and removed a shiny object. The officer then fired at Jimenez, who got away.
A short time later, police received a call from a resident about someone who was knocking on their door. Police arrived and found Jimenez, who took off again. Police say he was eventually captured after a brief struggle with officers.
Police say Jimenez was not injured in the shooting, and a toy handgun was later found in the area of the shooting.
Jimenez was booked at West Valley Detention Center for a parole violation, felony resisting arrest, brandishing a replica gun and delaying a police officer.
Upland police are investigating the incident.
arrest, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Car bomb plot thwarted at Kansas airport 2 min ago
- Body found near East Los Angeles College 54 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot rockets to $425 million
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park 1 min ago
- Authorities investigate body found in Laguna Hills
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA Hospital
- 24 students arrested in school drug ring case
- 2nd woman in purported mercy killings ID'd
- San Diego cross memorial removal ordered
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- Mom with cancer inspires daughter's friend
- Bruno Mars named Billboard's 2013 top artist
- Beyonce releases surprise album on iTunes
- OTRC: Bradley Cooper talks 'American Hustle'
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
33 min ago