Inland Empire News
Wanted parolee arrested in Upland after bicycle chase
UPLAND, Calif. (KABC) -- A wanted parolee was arrested in Upland after leading an officer on an elaborate chase.
The incident happened shortly before 11:30 p.m. Saturday when an Upland police officer attempted to stop Anthony Mario Jimenez, 36, on a bicycle. Jimenez failed to stop and fled on his bike. He eventually jumped off of the bike and fled on foot.
During the foot pursuit, police say Jimenez reached into his waistband and removed a shiny object. The officer then fired at Jimenez, who got away.
A short time later, police received a call from a resident about someone who was knocking on their door. Police arrived and found Jimenez, who took off again. Police say he was eventually captured after a brief struggle with officers.
Police say Jimenez was not injured in the shooting, and a toy handgun was later found in the area of the shooting.
Jimenez was booked at West Valley Detention Center for a parole violation, felony resisting arrest, brandishing a replica gun and delaying a police officer.
Upland police are investigating the incident.
arrest, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder 54 min ago
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house 59 min ago
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Claremont sexual predator charged with felonies
- Suspicious bag found on the tarmac at LAX
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors