Inland Empire News
Wanted parolee arrested in Upland after bicycle chase
UPLAND, Calif. (KABC) -- A wanted parolee was arrested in Upland after leading an officer on an elaborate chase.
The incident happened shortly before 11:30 p.m. Saturday when an Upland police officer attempted to stop Anthony Mario Jimenez, 36, on a bicycle. Jimenez failed to stop and fled on his bike. He eventually jumped off of the bike and fled on foot.
During the foot pursuit, police say Jimenez reached into his waistband and removed a shiny object. The officer then fired at Jimenez, who got away.
A short time later, police received a call from a resident about someone who was knocking on their door. Police arrived and found Jimenez, who took off again. Police say he was eventually captured after a brief struggle with officers.
Police say Jimenez was not injured in the shooting, and a toy handgun was later found in the area of the shooting.
Jimenez was booked at West Valley Detention Center for a parole violation, felony resisting arrest, brandishing a replica gun and delaying a police officer.
Upland police are investigating the incident.
arrest, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments
- Burglar caught on video watching baby sleep
18 min ago