Inland Empire News
Wanted parolee arrested in Upland after bicycle chase
UPLAND, Calif. (KABC) -- A wanted parolee was arrested in Upland after leading an officer on an elaborate chase.
The incident happened shortly before 11:30 p.m. Saturday when an Upland police officer attempted to stop Anthony Mario Jimenez, 36, on a bicycle. Jimenez failed to stop and fled on his bike. He eventually jumped off of the bike and fled on foot.
During the foot pursuit, police say Jimenez reached into his waistband and removed a shiny object. The officer then fired at Jimenez, who got away.
A short time later, police received a call from a resident about someone who was knocking on their door. Police arrived and found Jimenez, who took off again. Police say he was eventually captured after a brief struggle with officers.
Police say Jimenez was not injured in the shooting, and a toy handgun was later found in the area of the shooting.
Jimenez was booked at West Valley Detention Center for a parole violation, felony resisting arrest, brandishing a replica gun and delaying a police officer.
Upland police are investigating the incident.
arrest, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 1 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Selena Gomez films Adidas ads (Photos)