Inland Empire News
Norco search warrant nets 2 arrests, 572 marijuana plants
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- Two Norco residents were arrested and marijuana and guns were seized during the execution of a search warrant Thursday.
Riverside County Sheriff's personnel received information in September about illegal cultivation of marijuana in a residential neighborhood in Norco. A search warrant was obtained in the investigation.
Deputies from the Norco Community Oriented Policing and Problem Solving (COPPS) team and from patrol served the search warrant Thursday at 8:30 a.m. at the residence located on the 80 block of Oldenberg Lane in Norco.
Inside the residence, Jeffrey Berner, 45, was arrested for cultivation and possession of marijuana for sales, and for child endangerment; Michelle Berner, 45, was arrested for child endangerment.
Deputies seized 572 marijuana plants inside the residence, 1.3 pounds of processed marijuana and numerous types of firearms, according to the department.
It was also discovered that electricity was being bypassed around the electric meter, causing a fire hazard and netting about $3,000 a month in stolen electricity, according to the department.
The investigation was ongoing. Anyone with information about the incident or similar incidents should contact Deputy Raymond Ghiliotty at the Jurupa Valley Station's Norco Office at (951) 955-2600.
arrest, marijuana, marijuana growing, inland empire news
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis