Inland Empire News
Woman rescued after being kidnapped by ex-boyfriend in Rialto
RIALTO, Calif. (KABC) -- A frantic search in Rialto came to an end Monday after police found a woman they say was kidnapped by her ex-boyfriend.
Authorities say Cristoval Avila lured his 18-year-old ex-girlfriend to Western Union in the 500 block of Riverside Avenue on Sunday, telling her he had cash for her at the location. They have a 1-year-old child together, but the woman and her child moved back to California from Texas recently.
When the woman was in the store, the 29-year-old suspect confronted her, forcing her into a dark-colored Toyota Scion. Surveillance video showed Avila pulling the victim out of the store against her will.
"We received a 911 phone call from the mother of the victim, who told us she dropped her daughter off at the Western Union," said Rialto Police Capt. Randy Deanda.
The mother, who was in her car in the parking lot the whole time, did not see him take her.
Rialto police were doing surveillance on the suspect's sister when he drove up with the kidnapping victim inside the car around 9 a.m. Monday. Avila was taken into custody without further incident. Police say the woman is safe.
Police say Avila has had sex with underage women at least three times, having at least two babies with them.
kidnap, san bernardino county, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- OC school bus crash: Several injuries reported
- Big-rig crash shuts down 210 Fwy, Gold Line
- Protesters commemorate Armenian Genocide
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment 21 min ago
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- Obama: Asia-Pacific trade deal not in danger
- Justin Bieber detained at LAX upon arrival
- OTRC: Beyonce on '100 Most Influential People' cover
- Bill to protect healthcare workers introduced
16 min ago