Inland Empire News
Woman rescued after being kidnapped by ex-boyfriend in Rialto
RIALTO, Calif. (KABC) -- A frantic search in Rialto came to an end Monday after police found a woman they say was kidnapped by her ex-boyfriend.
Authorities say Cristoval Avila lured his 18-year-old ex-girlfriend to Western Union in the 500 block of Riverside Avenue on Sunday, telling her he had cash for her at the location. They have a 1-year-old child together, but the woman and her child moved back to California from Texas recently.
When the woman was in the store, the 29-year-old suspect confronted her, forcing her into a dark-colored Toyota Scion. Surveillance video showed Avila pulling the victim out of the store against her will.
"We received a 911 phone call from the mother of the victim, who told us she dropped her daughter off at the Western Union," said Rialto Police Capt. Randy Deanda.
The mother, who was in her car in the parking lot the whole time, did not see him take her.
Rialto police were doing surveillance on the suspect's sister when he drove up with the kidnapping victim inside the car around 9 a.m. Monday. Avila was taken into custody without further incident. Police say the woman is safe.
Police say Avila has had sex with underage women at least three times, having at least two babies with them.
kidnap, san bernardino county, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
37 min ago