Inland Empire News
Woman rescued after being kidnapped by ex-boyfriend in Rialto
RIALTO, Calif. (KABC) -- A frantic search in Rialto came to an end Monday after police found a woman they say was kidnapped by her ex-boyfriend.
Authorities say Cristoval Avila lured his 18-year-old ex-girlfriend to Western Union in the 500 block of Riverside Avenue on Sunday, telling her he had cash for her at the location. They have a 1-year-old child together, but the woman and her child moved back to California from Texas recently.
When the woman was in the store, the 29-year-old suspect confronted her, forcing her into a dark-colored Toyota Scion. Surveillance video showed Avila pulling the victim out of the store against her will.
"We received a 911 phone call from the mother of the victim, who told us she dropped her daughter off at the Western Union," said Rialto Police Capt. Randy Deanda.
The mother, who was in her car in the parking lot the whole time, did not see him take her.
Rialto police were doing surveillance on the suspect's sister when he drove up with the kidnapping victim inside the car around 9 a.m. Monday. Avila was taken into custody without further incident. Police say the woman is safe.
Police say Avila has had sex with underage women at least three times, having at least two babies with them.
kidnap, san bernardino county, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- Ambulance crash: 4 injured in Signal Hill 28 min ago
- S.Korea ferry crew actions were 'murderous' 22 min ago
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well 6 min ago
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- Alleged arsonist Tased by police in Hollywood 19 min ago
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Car bursts into flames in lion habitat
- Hyun-Jin Ryu raises money for ferry victims
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role
- Kettlebells can help burn calories fast
7 min ago