Inland Empire News
Brush fire near Beaumont contained at 60 acres
BEAUMONT, Calif. (KABC) -- Crews have contained a brush fire that broke out Sunday south of Beaumont near Mount David.
The fire broke out around 4:30 p.m. Cal Fire said the blaze was contained at 60 acres by about 8 p.m. Officials originally estimated the blaze had scorched about 70 to 80 acres. Cal Fire says crews will stay overnight for mop up.
About 100 Cal Fire and Riverside County firefighters attacked the flames from the air and ground. Officials said the fire burned in light, flashy fuels on steep terrain.
No evacuations were ordered. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
fire, riverside county, inland empire news
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Funeral held for LAPD Officer Chris Cortijo
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- 'Mother Ditch' uncovered near downtown LA
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Epilepsy treatment uses laser to stop seizures
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2