Inland Empire News
Brush fire near Beaumont contained at 60 acres
BEAUMONT, Calif. (KABC) -- Crews have contained a brush fire that broke out Sunday south of Beaumont near Mount David.
The fire broke out around 4:30 p.m. Cal Fire said the blaze was contained at 60 acres by about 8 p.m. Officials originally estimated the blaze had scorched about 70 to 80 acres. Cal Fire says crews will stay overnight for mop up.
About 100 Cal Fire and Riverside County firefighters attacked the flames from the air and ground. Officials said the fire burned in light, flashy fuels on steep terrain.
No evacuations were ordered. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
fire, riverside county, inland empire news
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico 7 min ago
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- Griffith Park mountain lion exposed to poison
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)