Inland Empire News
Brush fire near Beaumont contained at 60 acres
BEAUMONT, Calif. (KABC) -- Crews have contained a brush fire that broke out Sunday south of Beaumont near Mount David.
The fire broke out around 4:30 p.m. Cal Fire said the blaze was contained at 60 acres by about 8 p.m. Officials originally estimated the blaze had scorched about 70 to 80 acres. Cal Fire says crews will stay overnight for mop up.
About 100 Cal Fire and Riverside County firefighters attacked the flames from the air and ground. Officials said the fire burned in light, flashy fuels on steep terrain.
No evacuations were ordered. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
fire, riverside county, inland empire news
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 26 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures 54 min ago
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Baldwin Hills natural gas leak: Repairs done
- Beverly Hills High School gunman threat false
- Russia would welcome Crimea, says top lawmaker 45 min ago
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy' 32 min ago
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)