Inland Empire News
Brush fire near Beaumont contained at 60 acres
BEAUMONT, Calif. (KABC) -- Crews have contained a brush fire that broke out Sunday south of Beaumont near Mount David.
The fire broke out around 4:30 p.m. Cal Fire said the blaze was contained at 60 acres by about 8 p.m. Officials originally estimated the blaze had scorched about 70 to 80 acres. Cal Fire says crews will stay overnight for mop up.
About 100 Cal Fire and Riverside County firefighters attacked the flames from the air and ground. Officials said the fire burned in light, flashy fuels on steep terrain.
No evacuations were ordered. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
fire, riverside county, inland empire news
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- 4 stabbed in parking lot after Broncos game
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son