Inland Empire News
Ontario driver intentionally slams into 3 women following fight
ONTARIO, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way after a driver intentionally rammed into three women following an argument in Ontario.
The incident happened around midnight in the 600 block of West La Deney Avenue near San Antonio Avenue.
According to Ontario police, a couple got into a fight near a home in the area. The boyfriend, identified as 18-year-old Matthew Rodriguez, got into the passenger seat of a black Honda driven by a friend, identified as 19-year-old Isaac Cesares.
Investigators say Cesares then intentionally struck Rodriguez's 19-year-old girlfriend, her 21-year-old sister and their mother, who were all walking away from the location.
Authorities say all three women suffered non life-threatening injuries and were transported to an area hospital for treatment. Their wounds were described as scrapes and bruises, and they're expected to be OK.
Cesares, of Ontario, initially sped off but was later arrested for driving under the influence with injuries, hit-and-run and assault with a deadly weapon. He was booked at West Valley Detention Center. His car was impounded pending further investigation.
Rodriguez, of Hacienda Heights, was also arrested for making terrorist/death threats, but he was later released.
If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to contact the Ontario Police Department at (909) 395-2001.
san bernardino county, hit and run, car crash, arrest, dui, inland empire news, darsha philips
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP 6 min ago
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley 47 min ago
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- 5-alarm fire burns at San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
28 min ago