Inland Empire News
Fire rages in Fontana pallet yard
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- An explosion that ripped through a pallet yard in Fontana on Saturday trigged a massive fire, sending plumes of smoke into the air that could be seen for miles.
Firefighters were battling several pallets piled up and ablaze on the property in the 8300 block of Sultana Avenue. The business is located in an industrial area.
Fire officials said multiple propane tanks exploded on the property. The fire broke out around 3:25 p.m.
One firefighter sustained a heat-related injury and was transported to the hospital.
The cause of the explosion was under investigation.
Fire officials said the burned pallets will likely smolder for a few more days.
fire, inland empire news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour