Inland Empire News
Fire rages in Fontana pallet yard
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- An explosion that ripped through a pallet yard in Fontana on Saturday trigged a massive fire, sending plumes of smoke into the air that could be seen for miles.
Firefighters were battling several pallets piled up and ablaze on the property in the 8300 block of Sultana Avenue. The business is located in an industrial area.
Fire officials said multiple propane tanks exploded on the property. The fire broke out around 3:25 p.m.
One firefighter sustained a heat-related injury and was transported to the hospital.
The cause of the explosion was under investigation.
Fire officials said the burned pallets will likely smolder for a few more days.
fire, inland empire news
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 1 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot 7 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)