Inland Empire News
Fire rages in Fontana pallet yard
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- An explosion that ripped through a pallet yard in Fontana on Saturday trigged a massive fire, sending plumes of smoke into the air that could be seen for miles.
Firefighters were battling several pallets piled up and ablaze on the property in the 8300 block of Sultana Avenue. The business is located in an industrial area.
Fire officials said multiple propane tanks exploded on the property. The fire broke out around 3:25 p.m.
One firefighter sustained a heat-related injury and was transported to the hospital.
The cause of the explosion was under investigation.
Fire officials said the burned pallets will likely smolder for a few more days.
fire, inland empire news
- Echo Park apartment fire kills 2, injures 2
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days
- Mandela interpreter cites hallucinations
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- Arleta deadly road rage suspect identified 30 min ago
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested 32 min ago
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- Wal-Mart ban stemmed from alleged threat
- Australia rejects law allowing gay marriage
- Bale talks 'Hustle,' 'Out of the Furnace'
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate