Inland Empire News
Fire rages in Fontana pallet yard
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- An explosion that ripped through a pallet yard in Fontana on Saturday trigged a massive fire, sending plumes of smoke into the air that could be seen for miles.
Firefighters were battling several pallets piled up and ablaze on the property in the 8300 block of Sultana Avenue. The business is located in an industrial area.
Fire officials said multiple propane tanks exploded on the property. The fire broke out around 3:25 p.m.
One firefighter sustained a heat-related injury and was transported to the hospital.
The cause of the explosion was under investigation.
Fire officials said the burned pallets will likely smolder for a few more days.
fire, inland empire news
- Burglary suspects sexually assault woman
- Sex offender arrested for sex with minor
- Boy brings loaded gun to Garden Grove school
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- Willowbrook gunman kills girl at apartment 20 min ago
- Man tries to lure Culver City girl into car
- TSA responds to case on disabled LAX passenger
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- South Korea ferry death toll reaches 156
- abcnews: McCann probers focus on child sex attacker
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- OTRC: Jodie Foster weds partner Alexandra Hedison