Inland Empire News
Summit Fire in Banning is fully contained
BANNING, Calif. (KABC) -- The Summit Fire burning near Banning was fully contained at 1,366 acres, fire officials said Saturday.
This fire has claimed one home.
Two people were injured, but there was no word on if the injured individuals were firefighters or residents of the home that burned down. All evacuations in the area have been lifted.
FEMA is now considering the Summit Fire a major disaster. The federal government will cover about 75 percent of firefighting costs.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.</p
fire, brush fire, inland empire news
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 45 min ago
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)