Inland Empire News
Colton corrections officer shot: 2 arrested; officer in critical condition
COLTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Two suspects were arrested for shooting a corrections officer as he was pumping gas in Colton in San Bernardino County.
The shooting happened at 8:35 p.m. in the 2700 block of Iowa Avenue near the 215 Freeway, Colton police said. The officer was approached by the suspects, who opened fire and fled.
Christopher Marquez, 24, and Anthony Gomez, 31, both of Riverside, were booked for attempted homicide. Their bail was set at $1,000,000.
Both suspects are scheduled to appear in a San Bernardino courtroom on Tuesday afternoon.
The officer, whose name has not been released, is in critical condition.
Police originally said there were four suspects, but they now believe only Marquez and Gomez were involved.
san bernardino county, shooting, arrest, inland empire news
- EB 210 Fwy lanes closed, Gold Line shut down 9 min ago
- Protesters commemorate Armenian Genocide 57 min ago
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- Obama: Asia-Pacific trade deal not in danger 55 min ago
- Olivia Wilde, Jason Sudeikis welcome baby boy 9 min ago
- OTRC: Beyonce on '100 Most Influential People' cover