Inland Empire News
Colton corrections officer shot: 2 arrested; officer in critical condition
COLTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Two suspects were arrested for shooting a corrections officer as he was pumping gas in Colton in San Bernardino County.
The shooting happened at 8:35 p.m. in the 2700 block of Iowa Avenue near the 215 Freeway, Colton police said. The officer was approached by the suspects, who opened fire and fled.
Christopher Marquez, 24, and Anthony Gomez, 31, both of Riverside, were booked for attempted homicide. Their bail was set at $1,000,000.
Both suspects are scheduled to appear in a San Bernardino courtroom on Tuesday afternoon.
The officer, whose name has not been released, is in critical condition.
Police originally said there were four suspects, but they now believe only Marquez and Gomez were involved.
san bernardino county, shooting, arrest, inland empire news
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks 3 min ago
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour