Inland Empire News
Colton corrections officer shot: 2 arrested; officer in critical condition
COLTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Two suspects were arrested for shooting a corrections officer as he was pumping gas in Colton in San Bernardino County.
The shooting happened at 8:35 p.m. in the 2700 block of Iowa Avenue near the 215 Freeway, Colton police said. The officer was approached by the suspects, who opened fire and fled.
Christopher Marquez, 24, and Anthony Gomez, 31, both of Riverside, were booked for attempted homicide. Their bail was set at $1,000,000.
Both suspects are scheduled to appear in a San Bernardino courtroom on Tuesday afternoon.
The officer, whose name has not been released, is in critical condition.
Police originally said there were four suspects, but they now believe only Marquez and Gomez were involved.
san bernardino county, shooting, arrest, inland empire news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months