Beyonce surprises fans at Massachusetts Wal-Mart
TEWKSBURY, Mass. (KABC) -- Shoppers at a Massachusetts store received the surprise of a lifetime. Beyonce shocked them by showing up at a local Wal-Mart and picking up part of the tab!
Some shoppers at the store outside of Boston did a double take, not believing their eyes and ears.
The pop icon did some shopping for her 23-month-old daughter Blue Ivy and even picked up her own new album, which she announced and released on Friday without any prior announcement or promotion.
She didn't stop there. Beyonce gave every shopper in the store a $50 gift card - enclosed with an envelope that read, "Happy Holidays from Beyonce."
There were about 750 customers in the store at the time. Beyonce's generous gift amounted to nearly $38,000.
ABC News contributed to this report.
- Report of gun in LA Times bldg: suspect detained 7 min ago
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Good Friday: Pope remembers those who suffer
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)