Beyonce surprises fans at Massachusetts Wal-Mart
TEWKSBURY, Mass. (KABC) -- Shoppers at a Massachusetts store received the surprise of a lifetime. Beyonce shocked them by showing up at a local Wal-Mart and picking up part of the tab!
Some shoppers at the store outside of Boston did a double take, not believing their eyes and ears.
The pop icon did some shopping for her 23-month-old daughter Blue Ivy and even picked up her own new album, which she announced and released on Friday without any prior announcement or promotion.
She didn't stop there. Beyonce gave every shopper in the store a $50 gift card - enclosed with an envelope that read, "Happy Holidays from Beyonce."
There were about 750 customers in the store at the time. Beyonce's generous gift amounted to nearly $38,000.
ABC News contributed to this report.
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 44 min ago
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Baldwin Hills natural gas leak: Repairs done
- LB mayoral candidate mailer wrongly shows SD
- Playa del Rey home break-in caught on camera
- Beverly Hills High School gunman threat false
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus' Twitter jabs at Katy Perry