50 Cent pleads not guilty to domestic violence in Toluca Lake
TOLUCA LAKE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Rapper and actor 50 Cent has pleaded not guilty to charges that he attacked his ex-girlfriend in Toluca Lake.
The rapper, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, appeared before a Los Angeles judge for his arraignment hearing on Monday.
Jackson, 37, is accused of injuring a woman and destroying her Toluca Lake condominium on June 23. The woman told police she is a former girlfriend, and they have a child together.
The woman locked herself in a bedroom, and Jackson allegedly kicked in the door and kicked her, causing injury, according to the city attorney's office. Officers found broken chandeliers and broken furniture throughout the condo, as well as a ransacked closet, a broken television and broken lamp.
Jackson has been charged with five criminal counts, including one count of domestic violence and four counts of vandalism. If convicted on all counts, Jackson faces up to five years in jail and $46,000 in fines.
celebrity, entertainment, darsha philips
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants