50 Cent pleads not guilty to domestic violence in Toluca Lake
TOLUCA LAKE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Rapper and actor 50 Cent has pleaded not guilty to charges that he attacked his ex-girlfriend in Toluca Lake.
The rapper, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, appeared before a Los Angeles judge for his arraignment hearing on Monday.
Jackson, 37, is accused of injuring a woman and destroying her Toluca Lake condominium on June 23. The woman told police she is a former girlfriend, and they have a child together.
The woman locked herself in a bedroom, and Jackson allegedly kicked in the door and kicked her, causing injury, according to the city attorney's office. Officers found broken chandeliers and broken furniture throughout the condo, as well as a ransacked closet, a broken television and broken lamp.
Jackson has been charged with five criminal counts, including one count of domestic violence and four counts of vandalism. If convicted on all counts, Jackson faces up to five years in jail and $46,000 in fines.
celebrity, entertainment, darsha philips
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment 55 min ago
- Metro to vote on fate of ExpressLanes pilot 27 min ago
- Granada Hills fire damages strip mall shops
- Burglary suspects sexually assault woman
- Boy brings loaded gun to Garden Grove school
- Man tries to lure Culver City girl into car
- FDA proposes 1st regulations for e-cigarettes
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers 1 min ago
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- OTRC: Jodie Foster weds partner Alexandra Hedison