50 Cent pleads not guilty to domestic violence in Toluca Lake
TOLUCA LAKE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Rapper and actor 50 Cent has pleaded not guilty to charges that he attacked his ex-girlfriend in Toluca Lake.
The rapper, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, appeared before a Los Angeles judge for his arraignment hearing on Monday.
Jackson, 37, is accused of injuring a woman and destroying her Toluca Lake condominium on June 23. The woman told police she is a former girlfriend, and they have a child together.
The woman locked herself in a bedroom, and Jackson allegedly kicked in the door and kicked her, causing injury, according to the city attorney's office. Officers found broken chandeliers and broken furniture throughout the condo, as well as a ransacked closet, a broken television and broken lamp.
Jackson has been charged with five criminal counts, including one count of domestic violence and four counts of vandalism. If convicted on all counts, Jackson faces up to five years in jail and $46,000 in fines.
celebrity, entertainment, darsha philips
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 52 min ago
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case 30 min ago
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy near Torrance 26 min ago
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Ohio couple married 70 yrs die 15 hours apart
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour