50 Cent pleads not guilty to domestic violence in Toluca Lake
TOLUCA LAKE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Rapper and actor 50 Cent has pleaded not guilty to charges that he attacked his ex-girlfriend in Toluca Lake.
The rapper, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, appeared before a Los Angeles judge for his arraignment hearing on Monday.
Jackson, 37, is accused of injuring a woman and destroying her Toluca Lake condominium on June 23. The woman told police she is a former girlfriend, and they have a child together.
The woman locked herself in a bedroom, and Jackson allegedly kicked in the door and kicked her, causing injury, according to the city attorney's office. Officers found broken chandeliers and broken furniture throughout the condo, as well as a ransacked closet, a broken television and broken lamp.
Jackson has been charged with five criminal counts, including one count of domestic violence and four counts of vandalism. If convicted on all counts, Jackson faces up to five years in jail and $46,000 in fines.
celebrity, entertainment, darsha philips
- Multi-vehicle crash shuts 405 South lanes 28 min ago
- Paul Walker autopsy results released 42 min ago
- Newtown dispatcher told callers to take cover 45 min ago
- Fatal Baldwin Village fire deemed accident
- Mom sought for abducting 3 kids in Palmdale
- Boy, 7, dies following Mid-City shooting
- Human skeletal remains found in Montebello
- Simi Valley neighbors found dead in front yards
- NY train engineer in 'daze' just before crash
- abcnews: 2 skydivers killed in AZ midair collision
- Mexican truck with radioactive load stolen 28 min ago
- Baby falls out of stroller in wild robbery
- USC football coach Sarkisian takes helm
- OTRC: Kelly Clarkson new Christmas music video