Producer Jerry Bruckheimer receives Hollywood Walk of Fame star
HOLLYWOOD (KABC) -- Legendary Hollywood producer Jerry Bruckheimer received the 2,501st star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame Monday.
Bruckheimer attended the ceremony with a crowd including actors and industry figures outside the El Capitan Theatre.
Bruckheimer's films have generated more than $16 billion in global box office revenues. His films include "Top Gun," "Beverly Hills Cop," "Armageddon" and the "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise, among many others.
His television production work includes the "CSI" franchise and "The Amazing Race," among others.
Johnny Depp and Tom Cruise were among the high-powered Hollywood elite attending Monday's ceremony.
"Without Jerry, there would be no 'Pirates,' there would be no Captain Jack," Depp said. "Without Jerry, there would be no 'Lone Ranger,' there would be no reinvigorated Tonto. So I have a lot to thank him for. The man is a legend to me, a legend to us all, hence this congregation to celebrate him for his long-deserved star on the Walk of Fame."
Bruckheimer called the Walk of Fame star an "unbelievable honor" as he rattled off the names of other honorees, such as Charlie Chaplin and Alfred Hitchcock.
"I won't get too big-headed, though, because the list also includes Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse and the Three Stooges," he said.
City News Service contributed to this report.
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape 52 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico 44 min ago
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Crates of mail found abandoned in Hollywood
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Good Friday: Pope remembers those who suffer
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Los Angeles Mission serves Good Friday meals
33 min ago