Producer Jerry Bruckheimer receives Hollywood Walk of Fame star
HOLLYWOOD (KABC) -- Legendary Hollywood producer Jerry Bruckheimer received the 2,501st star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame Monday.
Bruckheimer attended the ceremony with a crowd including actors and industry figures outside the El Capitan Theatre.
Bruckheimer's films have generated more than $16 billion in global box office revenues. His films include "Top Gun," "Beverly Hills Cop," "Armageddon" and the "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise, among many others.
His television production work includes the "CSI" franchise and "The Amazing Race," among others.
Johnny Depp and Tom Cruise were among the high-powered Hollywood elite attending Monday's ceremony.
"Without Jerry, there would be no 'Pirates,' there would be no Captain Jack," Depp said. "Without Jerry, there would be no 'Lone Ranger,' there would be no reinvigorated Tonto. So I have a lot to thank him for. The man is a legend to me, a legend to us all, hence this congregation to celebrate him for his long-deserved star on the Walk of Fame."
Bruckheimer called the Walk of Fame star an "unbelievable honor" as he rattled off the names of other honorees, such as Charlie Chaplin and Alfred Hitchcock.
"I won't get too big-headed, though, because the list also includes Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse and the Three Stooges," he said.
City News Service contributed to this report.
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Funeral held for LAPD Officer Chris Cortijo
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- 'Mother Ditch' uncovered near downtown LA
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Epilepsy treatment uses laser to stop seizures
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2