Producer Jerry Bruckheimer receives Hollywood Walk of Fame star
HOLLYWOOD (KABC) -- Legendary Hollywood producer Jerry Bruckheimer received the 2,501st star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame Monday.
Bruckheimer attended the ceremony with a crowd including actors and industry figures outside the El Capitan Theatre.
Bruckheimer's films have generated more than $16 billion in global box office revenues. His films include "Top Gun," "Beverly Hills Cop," "Armageddon" and the "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise, among many others.
His television production work includes the "CSI" franchise and "The Amazing Race," among others.
Johnny Depp and Tom Cruise were among the high-powered Hollywood elite attending Monday's ceremony.
"Without Jerry, there would be no 'Pirates,' there would be no Captain Jack," Depp said. "Without Jerry, there would be no 'Lone Ranger,' there would be no reinvigorated Tonto. So I have a lot to thank him for. The man is a legend to me, a legend to us all, hence this congregation to celebrate him for his long-deserved star on the Walk of Fame."
Bruckheimer called the Walk of Fame star an "unbelievable honor" as he rattled off the names of other honorees, such as Charlie Chaplin and Alfred Hitchcock.
"I won't get too big-headed, though, because the list also includes Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse and the Three Stooges," he said.
City News Service contributed to this report.
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 14 min ago
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 58 min ago
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 58 min ago
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert 56 min ago
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks