Ground beef recalled due to E. coli fears
LOS ANGELES -- A Kansas meat-packing company recalled 50,100 pounds of ground beef over fears of E. coli contamination.
The National Beef Packing Company produced the meat on July 18 and shipped them in 40-to 60-pound cases to retailers, wholesalers and food service distributors across the country.
The product carries the USDA mark of inspection and the establishment number, EST. 208A. The problem was discovered during a routine inspection by the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service.
It's not clear if any of the meat made it to store shelves.
There are no reported cases of illness from this meat.
Consumers with questions can call (866) 761-9472 or visit www.nationalbeef.com.
food, recall, recalls
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures peds 30 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison 41 min ago
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire 5 min ago
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- 3 'pimps' busted for Compton prostitution ring 49 min ago
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks 14 min ago
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break