Ground beef recalled due to E. coli fears
LOS ANGELES -- A Kansas meat-packing company recalled 50,100 pounds of ground beef over fears of E. coli contamination.
The National Beef Packing Company produced the meat on July 18 and shipped them in 40-to 60-pound cases to retailers, wholesalers and food service distributors across the country.
The product carries the USDA mark of inspection and the establishment number, EST. 208A. The problem was discovered during a routine inspection by the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service.
It's not clear if any of the meat made it to store shelves.
There are no reported cases of illness from this meat.
Consumers with questions can call (866) 761-9472 or visit www.nationalbeef.com.
food, recall, recalls
- Burglary suspects sexually assault woman
- Sex offender arrested for sex with minor
- Boy brings loaded gun to Garden Grove school
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- Willowbrook gunman kills girl at apartment 18 min ago
- Man tries to lure Culver City girl into car
- TSA responds to case on disabled LAX passenger
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- South Korea ferry death toll reaches 156
- abcnews: McCann probers focus on child sex attacker
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- OTRC: Jodie Foster weds partner Alexandra Hedison