Ground beef recalled due to E. coli fears
LOS ANGELES -- A Kansas meat-packing company recalled 50,100 pounds of ground beef over fears of E. coli contamination.
The National Beef Packing Company produced the meat on July 18 and shipped them in 40-to 60-pound cases to retailers, wholesalers and food service distributors across the country.
The product carries the USDA mark of inspection and the establishment number, EST. 208A. The problem was discovered during a routine inspection by the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service.
It's not clear if any of the meat made it to store shelves.
There are no reported cases of illness from this meat.
Consumers with questions can call (866) 761-9472 or visit www.nationalbeef.com.
food, recall, recalls
- Car rally to be held in honor of Paul Walker 23 min ago
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Newlywed allegedly pushed husband to death 11 min ago
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Jennifer Lopez at March of Dimes event