Ground beef recalled due to E. coli fears
LOS ANGELES -- A Kansas meat-packing company recalled 50,100 pounds of ground beef over fears of E. coli contamination.
The National Beef Packing Company produced the meat on July 18 and shipped them in 40-to 60-pound cases to retailers, wholesalers and food service distributors across the country.
The product carries the USDA mark of inspection and the establishment number, EST. 208A. The problem was discovered during a routine inspection by the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service.
It's not clear if any of the meat made it to store shelves.
There are no reported cases of illness from this meat.
Consumers with questions can call (866) 761-9472 or visit www.nationalbeef.com.
food, recall, recalls
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 15 min ago
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 59 min ago
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 59 min ago
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert 57 min ago
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks