Ground beef recalled due to possible E. coli contamination
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- More than 22,000 pounds of ground beef are being recalled due to a possible E. coli contamination.
Kansas -based National Beef Packing Co. is recalling approximately 22,737 pounds of raw ground beef that may be tainted with E. coli O157:H7, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced on Wednesday.
The recalled products include:
- 10 lb. packages of "National Beef" 80/20 Coarse Ground Chuck, package code "0481."
- 10 lb. packages of "National Beef" 81/19 Coarse Ground Beef, package code "0421."
- 10 lb. packages of "National Beef" 80/20 Fine Ground Chuck, package code "0484."
Products affected were produced on May 25, 2013 with a use by/sell by date of June 14, 2013 and have the number "EST. 208A" inside the USDA inspection mark.
These products were shipped to various institutions and retail stores in Texas, Tennessee, Kansas, Mississippi, Illinois, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas and Arizona.
The problem was discovered during an FSIS routine inspection. No illnesses have been reported in connection with this recall.
Customers with questions can contact the company at (877) 857-4143 to get details on the return and reimbursement policy. You can also visit, www.nationalbeef.com for more information.
Customers can also get virtual assistance from FSIS by visiting www.AskKaren.gov. You can also call the toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline at 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854) from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET Monday through Friday.
- DTLA police search: armed, dangerous suspect 28 min ago
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies 40 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution 20 min ago
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler