Ground beef recalled due to possible E. coli contamination
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- More than 22,000 pounds of ground beef are being recalled due to a possible E. coli contamination.
Kansas -based National Beef Packing Co. is recalling approximately 22,737 pounds of raw ground beef that may be tainted with E. coli O157:H7, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced on Wednesday.
The recalled products include:
- 10 lb. packages of "National Beef" 80/20 Coarse Ground Chuck, package code "0481."
- 10 lb. packages of "National Beef" 81/19 Coarse Ground Beef, package code "0421."
- 10 lb. packages of "National Beef" 80/20 Fine Ground Chuck, package code "0484."
Products affected were produced on May 25, 2013 with a use by/sell by date of June 14, 2013 and have the number "EST. 208A" inside the USDA inspection mark.
These products were shipped to various institutions and retail stores in Texas, Tennessee, Kansas, Mississippi, Illinois, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas and Arizona.
The problem was discovered during an FSIS routine inspection. No illnesses have been reported in connection with this recall.
Customers with questions can contact the company at (877) 857-4143 to get details on the return and reimbursement policy. You can also visit, www.nationalbeef.com for more information.
Customers can also get virtual assistance from FSIS by visiting www.AskKaren.gov. You can also call the toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline at 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854) from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET Monday through Friday.
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment 40 min ago
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- VC suspicious death investigation underway
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic 25 min ago
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004 19 min ago
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94 9 min ago
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis