Nestle's frozen pizzas recalled, may have plastic fragments
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Nestle is recalling California Pizza Kitchen and DiGiorno frozen pizzas after plastic fragments were found.
The Wisconsin-based company said the problem was discovered after a "small number of consumers reported that they had found small fragments of plastic on the CPK Crispy Thin Crust White pizza."
The fragments were traced back to spinach the company received from a supplier.
Some plastic fragments may be "clear, brittle plastic, in irregular triangles, and may have sharp edges," U.S. Department of Agriculture officials say.
The products recalled include California Pizza Kitchen Crispy Thin Crust White, California Pizza Kitchen Limited Edition Grilled Chicken with Cabernet Sauce, DiGiorno Crispy Flatbread Pizza Tuscan Style Chicken, and DiGiorno pizzeria! Bianca/ White Pizza.
Nestle is in the process of removing the pizzas affected from the shelves of retail stores nationwide.
Anyone with questions about the recall can contact Nestle USA Consumer Services at (800) 456-4394.
- Jameis Winston won't be charged in rape case
- Fast food workers protest, demand $15 an hour 30 min ago
- US teacher killed in Benghazi: officials
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- 2 deputies OK after crash on West 105 Freeway
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct 15 min ago
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy
- Idaho school bus crash: 1 child killed, 4 hurt
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- Manhattan Toy Quixel baby rattles recalled
- Identical triplets born to Sacramento couple 53 min ago
- Banksy 'Flower Girl' could fetch up to $300K
- OTRC: 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' official trailer
- Pet of the Week: Female Corgi mix named Brie
28 min ago