Nestle's frozen pizzas recalled, may have plastic fragments
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Nestle is recalling California Pizza Kitchen and DiGiorno frozen pizzas after plastic fragments were found.
The Wisconsin-based company said the problem was discovered after a "small number of consumers reported that they had found small fragments of plastic on the CPK Crispy Thin Crust White pizza."
The fragments were traced back to spinach the company received from a supplier.
Some plastic fragments may be "clear, brittle plastic, in irregular triangles, and may have sharp edges," U.S. Department of Agriculture officials say.
The products recalled include California Pizza Kitchen Crispy Thin Crust White, California Pizza Kitchen Limited Edition Grilled Chicken with Cabernet Sauce, DiGiorno Crispy Flatbread Pizza Tuscan Style Chicken, and DiGiorno pizzeria! Bianca/ White Pizza.
Nestle is in the process of removing the pizzas affected from the shelves of retail stores nationwide.
Anyone with questions about the recall can contact Nestle USA Consumer Services at (800) 456-4394.
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic 27 min ago
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Claremont sexual predator charged with felonies
- Suspicious bag found on the tarmac at LAX
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors