Nestle's frozen pizzas recalled, may have plastic fragments
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Nestle is recalling California Pizza Kitchen and DiGiorno frozen pizzas after plastic fragments were found.
The Wisconsin-based company said the problem was discovered after a "small number of consumers reported that they had found small fragments of plastic on the CPK Crispy Thin Crust White pizza."
The fragments were traced back to spinach the company received from a supplier.
Some plastic fragments may be "clear, brittle plastic, in irregular triangles, and may have sharp edges," U.S. Department of Agriculture officials say.
The products recalled include California Pizza Kitchen Crispy Thin Crust White, California Pizza Kitchen Limited Edition Grilled Chicken with Cabernet Sauce, DiGiorno Crispy Flatbread Pizza Tuscan Style Chicken, and DiGiorno pizzeria! Bianca/ White Pizza.
Nestle is in the process of removing the pizzas affected from the shelves of retail stores nationwide.
Anyone with questions about the recall can contact Nestle USA Consumer Services at (800) 456-4394.
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD 1 min ago
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks