Nestle's frozen pizzas recalled, may have plastic fragments
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Nestle is recalling California Pizza Kitchen and DiGiorno frozen pizzas after plastic fragments were found.
The Wisconsin-based company said the problem was discovered after a "small number of consumers reported that they had found small fragments of plastic on the CPK Crispy Thin Crust White pizza."
The fragments were traced back to spinach the company received from a supplier.
Some plastic fragments may be "clear, brittle plastic, in irregular triangles, and may have sharp edges," U.S. Department of Agriculture officials say.
The products recalled include California Pizza Kitchen Crispy Thin Crust White, California Pizza Kitchen Limited Edition Grilled Chicken with Cabernet Sauce, DiGiorno Crispy Flatbread Pizza Tuscan Style Chicken, and DiGiorno pizzeria! Bianca/ White Pizza.
Nestle is in the process of removing the pizzas affected from the shelves of retail stores nationwide.
Anyone with questions about the recall can contact Nestle USA Consumer Services at (800) 456-4394.
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Man barricaded in Whittier apartment building
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX? 24 min ago
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing 13 min ago
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts