Save Money / Consumer News
Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching
GLASSELL PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Monday is expected to be one of the busiest shipping days of the year, and deadlines for holiday shipping are rapidly approaching.
The deadline to ship holiday packages with FedEx within the U.S. via ground or home delivery is Dec. 17. The deadline for UPS normal pickup and delivery service is Dec. 20. The first-class holiday shipping deadline with USPS for is Dec. 20.
More than 600 planes, tens of thousands of trucks and hundreds of thousands of couriers around the world are making sure holiday gifts will arrive on time. But some people are worried that wintry storms across the nation could impact deliveries.
FedEx is preparing to process more than 21 million packages at their facilities. Manager Colene Garcia, who works out of FedEx's Glassell Park location, says delays there are minimal.
"A lot of the freight traveled over the weekend, we got quite a few in last night. So we came in extra early this morning, an hour and a half, prepared to get all this freight out on the road," said Garcia. "There will be some minimal delays on the freight that didn't make it in today. We have a truck stuck in Texas, and New Mexico that's stuck in snow. It will get here later tonight."
Garcia's tips for proper shipping include taping up your sturdy box on the top and the bottom, utilizing good bubble wrap and placing the return address on the inside of the box in case the outer label falls off.
save money / consumer news, darsha philips
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home 8 min ago
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks