Save Money / Consumer News
Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching
GLASSELL PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Monday is expected to be one of the busiest shipping days of the year, and deadlines for holiday shipping are rapidly approaching.
The deadline to ship holiday packages with FedEx within the U.S. via ground or home delivery is Dec. 17. The deadline for UPS normal pickup and delivery service is Dec. 20. The first-class holiday shipping deadline with USPS for is Dec. 20.
More than 600 planes, tens of thousands of trucks and hundreds of thousands of couriers around the world are making sure holiday gifts will arrive on time. But some people are worried that wintry storms across the nation could impact deliveries.
FedEx is preparing to process more than 21 million packages at their facilities. Manager Colene Garcia, who works out of FedEx's Glassell Park location, says delays there are minimal.
"A lot of the freight traveled over the weekend, we got quite a few in last night. So we came in extra early this morning, an hour and a half, prepared to get all this freight out on the road," said Garcia. "There will be some minimal delays on the freight that didn't make it in today. We have a truck stuck in Texas, and New Mexico that's stuck in snow. It will get here later tonight."
Garcia's tips for proper shipping include taping up your sturdy box on the top and the bottom, utilizing good bubble wrap and placing the return address on the inside of the box in case the outer label falls off.
save money / consumer news, darsha philips
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax 55 min ago
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court 4 min ago
- Suspects approach women at UC Riverside dorm
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age 47 min ago
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- First women move into Army combat jobs 54 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; hundreds rescued 46 min ago
- Tax Day: How to avoid penalties on your return
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments