Customer tips Oregon bartender with winning lotto ticket
SPRINGFIELD, Ore. (KABC) -- Great service usually comes with a good tip. One customer tipped a bartender in Oregon with a winning lotto ticket worth $17,500.
Aurora Kephart was serving a regular customer at Conway's Restaurant and Lounge in Springfield, where customers can get food, drinks and play the lotto. The man often tips her with Keno tickets from the Oregon lottery, and on Tuesday night, he asked Kephart to choose two.
When she checked the numbers, her first ticket won $5. The second won $17,500.
"I automatically handed him back the ticket, and I said, 'I'm sorry, I can't take it.' And he had me sign it, and he said, 'You're the only one who can cash it now,'" Kephart said.
Kephart said she gave the man, who wanted to remain anonymous, a percentage of her winnings. She said she plans to buy a new couch and save the rest of the money.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Echo Park apartment fire kills 2, injures 2
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days 39 min ago
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- '12 Years a Slave,' 'Hustle' lead Globes noms
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wal-Mart ban stemmed from alleged threat 6 min ago
- Australia rejects law allowing gay marriage 17 min ago
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate
- LA Lakers talk game on Christmas Day
20 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
32 min ago