Customer tips Oregon bartender with winning lotto ticket
SPRINGFIELD, Ore. (KABC) -- Great service usually comes with a good tip. One customer tipped a bartender in Oregon with a winning lotto ticket worth $17,500.
Aurora Kephart was serving a regular customer at Conway's Restaurant and Lounge in Springfield, where customers can get food, drinks and play the lotto. The man often tips her with Keno tickets from the Oregon lottery, and on Tuesday night, he asked Kephart to choose two.
When she checked the numbers, her first ticket won $5. The second won $17,500.
"I automatically handed him back the ticket, and I said, 'I'm sorry, I can't take it.' And he had me sign it, and he said, 'You're the only one who can cash it now,'" Kephart said.
Kephart said she gave the man, who wanted to remain anonymous, a percentage of her winnings. She said she plans to buy a new couch and save the rest of the money.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Funeral held for LAPD Officer Chris Cortijo
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- 'Mother Ditch' uncovered near downtown LA
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Epilepsy treatment uses laser to stop seizures
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2