Customer tips Oregon bartender with winning lotto ticket
SPRINGFIELD, Ore. (KABC) -- Great service usually comes with a good tip. One customer tipped a bartender in Oregon with a winning lotto ticket worth $17,500.
Aurora Kephart was serving a regular customer at Conway's Restaurant and Lounge in Springfield, where customers can get food, drinks and play the lotto. The man often tips her with Keno tickets from the Oregon lottery, and on Tuesday night, he asked Kephart to choose two.
When she checked the numbers, her first ticket won $5. The second won $17,500.
"I automatically handed him back the ticket, and I said, 'I'm sorry, I can't take it.' And he had me sign it, and he said, 'You're the only one who can cash it now,'" Kephart said.
Kephart said she gave the man, who wanted to remain anonymous, a percentage of her winnings. She said she plans to buy a new couch and save the rest of the money.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 50 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries 9 min ago
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- Jenny McCarthy engaged to Donnie Wahlberg
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
41 min ago
- Recycling used water in Orange County
6 min ago