Customer tips Oregon bartender with winning lotto ticket
SPRINGFIELD, Ore. (KABC) -- Great service usually comes with a good tip. One customer tipped a bartender in Oregon with a winning lotto ticket worth $17,500.
Aurora Kephart was serving a regular customer at Conway's Restaurant and Lounge in Springfield, where customers can get food, drinks and play the lotto. The man often tips her with Keno tickets from the Oregon lottery, and on Tuesday night, he asked Kephart to choose two.
When she checked the numbers, her first ticket won $5. The second won $17,500.
"I automatically handed him back the ticket, and I said, 'I'm sorry, I can't take it.' And he had me sign it, and he said, 'You're the only one who can cash it now,'" Kephart said.
Kephart said she gave the man, who wanted to remain anonymous, a percentage of her winnings. She said she plans to buy a new couch and save the rest of the money.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 26 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Missing flight's last words were routine
- Torrance attempted burglary suspect sought 20 min ago
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer won't seek third term
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- 2-year-old found with heroin in New Jersey 15 min ago
- Fitbit Force recalled over allergic reactions
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons