Small monkey found during drug bust in Thousand Palms
THOUSAND PALMS, RIVERSIDE COUNTY (KABC) -- Riverside County sheriff's deputies found a diaper-wearing monkey during a drug bust in Thousand Palms on Friday.
Along with illegal narcotics, deputies discovered a 2-year-old marmoset monkey named Penny inside a home on the 31600 block of Christy Way, according to Riverside County Animal Services.
It is illegal to own such an animal without a permit from the California Department of Fish and Wildlife, so a woman living at the home signed Penny over to animal services.
The small monkey was transported to the Coachella Valley Animal Campus, which specializes in caring for exotic pets.
Two people at the home were taken into custody. Their names have not been released.
animal news, riverside county, bizarre news
- Car rally to be held in honor of Paul Walker 24 min ago
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains 15 min ago
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies 53 min ago
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder 52 min ago
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Taylor Swift's most beautiful looks
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
34 min ago