Small monkey found during drug bust in Thousand Palms
THOUSAND PALMS, RIVERSIDE COUNTY (KABC) -- Riverside County sheriff's deputies found a diaper-wearing monkey during a drug bust in Thousand Palms on Friday.
Along with illegal narcotics, deputies discovered a 2-year-old marmoset monkey named Penny inside a home on the 31600 block of Christy Way, according to Riverside County Animal Services.
It is illegal to own such an animal without a permit from the California Department of Fish and Wildlife, so a woman living at the home signed Penny over to animal services.
The small monkey was transported to the Coachella Valley Animal Campus, which specializes in caring for exotic pets.
Two people at the home were taken into custody. Their names have not been released.
animal news, riverside county, bizarre news
- Burglary suspects sexually assault woman
- Sex offender arrested for sex with minor
- Boy brings loaded gun to Garden Grove school
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- Man tries to lure Culver City girl into car
- TSA responds to case on disabled LAX passenger
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- South Korea ferry death toll reaches 156
- abcnews: McCann probers focus on child sex attacker
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- Jay Z, Beyonce Rose Bowl concert approved
- OTRC: Jodie Foster weds partner Alexandra Hedison