Small monkey found during drug bust in Thousand Palms
THOUSAND PALMS, RIVERSIDE COUNTY (KABC) -- Riverside County sheriff's deputies found a diaper-wearing monkey during a drug bust in Thousand Palms on Friday.
Along with illegal narcotics, deputies discovered a 2-year-old marmoset monkey named Penny inside a home on the 31600 block of Christy Way, according to Riverside County Animal Services.
It is illegal to own such an animal without a permit from the California Department of Fish and Wildlife, so a woman living at the home signed Penny over to animal services.
The small monkey was transported to the Coachella Valley Animal Campus, which specializes in caring for exotic pets.
Two people at the home were taken into custody. Their names have not been released.
animal news, riverside county, bizarre news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Car bursts into flames in lion habitat 6 min ago
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role