Surfing dogs hit waves at Imperial Beach competition
IMPERIAL BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- More than 40 surfing dogs unleashed on some waves Saturday in San Diego County's Imperial Beach.
The canines took part in the "2013 Loews Surf Dog Competition - Unleashed by Petco."
YouTube sensation Tillman also showed up to the 8th-annual competition. The English bulldog from Huntington Beach is usually on his skateboard, but he ditched it to show off his surfing skills. Tillman won first place in the large dog category.
Dogs weren't the only ones having a good time. More than 3,000 people hit the sand for a little fun in the sun.
The event raised close to $20,000 for the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
ABC News contributed to this report.
animal news, surf, san diego, bizarre news
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain
- Bipartisan budget deal nears final passage
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- India diplomat claims cavity search in NYC
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- 3-yr-old recovering after 5-organ transplant 51 min ago
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present