Surfing dogs hit waves at Imperial Beach competition
IMPERIAL BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- More than 40 surfing dogs unleashed on some waves Saturday in San Diego County's Imperial Beach.
The canines took part in the "2013 Loews Surf Dog Competition - Unleashed by Petco."
YouTube sensation Tillman also showed up to the 8th-annual competition. The English bulldog from Huntington Beach is usually on his skateboard, but he ditched it to show off his surfing skills. Tillman won first place in the large dog category.
Dogs weren't the only ones having a good time. More than 3,000 people hit the sand for a little fun in the sun.
The event raised close to $20,000 for the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
ABC News contributed to this report.
animal news, surf, san diego, bizarre news
- Burglary suspects sexually assault woman
- Sex offender arrested for sex with minor
- Boy brings loaded gun to Garden Grove school
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD 56 min ago
- Man tries to lure Culver City girl into car
- TSA responds to case on disabled LAX passenger
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- South Korea ferry death toll reaches 156
- abcnews: McCann probers focus on child sex attacker
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- Jay Z, Beyonce Rose Bowl concert approved
- OTRC: Jodie Foster weds partner Alexandra Hedison