Surfing dogs hit waves at Imperial Beach competition
IMPERIAL BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- More than 40 surfing dogs unleashed on some waves Saturday in San Diego County's Imperial Beach.
The canines took part in the "2013 Loews Surf Dog Competition - Unleashed by Petco."
YouTube sensation Tillman also showed up to the 8th-annual competition. The English bulldog from Huntington Beach is usually on his skateboard, but he ditched it to show off his surfing skills. Tillman won first place in the large dog category.
Dogs weren't the only ones having a good time. More than 3,000 people hit the sand for a little fun in the sun.
The event raised close to $20,000 for the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
ABC News contributed to this report.
animal news, surf, san diego, bizarre news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean 35 min ago
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere