Caught on camera: Monkey bites Texas officer during traffic stop
ARANSAS PASS, Texas (KABC) -- A South Texas police officer had to deal with some unexpected monkey business during a traffic stop on Wednesday.
Aransas Pass Officer Keith Moore wrote out a speeding ticket. As he was handing the ticket to the driver, a pet monkey jumped from the back seat and bit the officer's right hand.
Moore had a miniature video camera on his glasses which captured the incident.
"We're taught to be on guard at all times, but at that point I wasn't on guard for a monkey," said Moore.
The monkey got a warning but no ticket. The bite left a mark, but the 21-year-old officer was not hurt otherwise.
The trained monkey makes appearances at carnivals and other entertainment events.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
caught on tape, animal news, bizarre news
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour