Caught on camera: Monkey bites Texas officer during traffic stop
ARANSAS PASS, Texas (KABC) -- A South Texas police officer had to deal with some unexpected monkey business during a traffic stop on Wednesday.
Aransas Pass Officer Keith Moore wrote out a speeding ticket. As he was handing the ticket to the driver, a pet monkey jumped from the back seat and bit the officer's right hand.
Moore had a miniature video camera on his glasses which captured the incident.
"We're taught to be on guard at all times, but at that point I wasn't on guard for a monkey," said Moore.
The monkey got a warning but no ticket. The bite left a mark, but the 21-year-old officer was not hurt otherwise.
The trained monkey makes appearances at carnivals and other entertainment events.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
caught on tape, animal news, bizarre news
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down 44 min ago
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $400 million
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate
- Longest Rose Parade float goes for test drive
54 min ago