Caught on camera: Monkey bites Texas officer during traffic stop
ARANSAS PASS, Texas (KABC) -- A South Texas police officer had to deal with some unexpected monkey business during a traffic stop on Wednesday.
Aransas Pass Officer Keith Moore wrote out a speeding ticket. As he was handing the ticket to the driver, a pet monkey jumped from the back seat and bit the officer's right hand.
Moore had a miniature video camera on his glasses which captured the incident.
"We're taught to be on guard at all times, but at that point I wasn't on guard for a monkey," said Moore.
The monkey got a warning but no ticket. The bite left a mark, but the 21-year-old officer was not hurt otherwise.
The trained monkey makes appearances at carnivals and other entertainment events.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
caught on tape, animal news, bizarre news
- Burglary suspects sexually assault woman
- Sex offender arrested for sex with minor
- Boy brings loaded gun to Garden Grove school
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- Man tries to lure Culver City girl into car
- TSA responds to case on disabled LAX passenger
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- South Korea ferry death toll reaches 156
- abcnews: McCann probers focus on child sex attacker
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- Jay Z, Beyonce Rose Bowl concert approved
- OTRC: Jodie Foster weds partner Alexandra Hedison